Path of Exile doesn’t seem to work with G-Sync?

Archaea

[H]F Junkie
Path of Exile is my favorite game of all time.

It’s a stuttery mess with G-Sync on my system.

I’ve tried making some of the recommended changes in Nvidia control panel and the game options, and even just toggling back and forth to test. (Vsync on in Nvidia control panel, GSync on, V-sync off in game, fast sync on, AA settings on and off, full screen, borderless windowed mode, etc) No joy, I’m talking about hitches that slow down to an unplayable slide show even though the FPS counter doesn’t indicate that is happening.

I7 6850k (4.2Ghz)
1080Ti (not overclocked)
2TB firecuda SSHD games drive
16GB PC-2400 RAM (4x4gb) in quad channel (not overclocked)
Samsung Evo NVME 256GB OS drive
Alienware AW3418DW monitor (tried stock 100hz and overclocked 120hz)

This is the only game that has this problem on my System. All other games work fine with g-sync (except a indie tower defense game called Kingdom Rush - but it gets like 1100 FPS and blinks which is a different problem all together). All typical game titles and AAA titles work great on my system and my benchmarks are on par with where they should be with everything I test.

Path of Exile didn’t do this at all with my Freesync setup on the same PC hardware.

I’d say overall G-Sync is more reliable than my free-sync experience with its larger hz range and hardware implementation - but I can’t get PoE to work and it’s really starting to bug me as I kept thinking it’d be patched or updated to support it at some point, but that hasn’t happened. Anyone else have this problem? Any suggestions?

Back