Path of Exile - beta key?

Thanks for posting this thread, reminded me that I HAVE a beta key that I never used, now I used it and I'm downloading/installing it.

Tried the second one that TED posted and it looks like it's been consumed, so if anyone has a spare they could shoot my way that would be great!

I'd love to get an invite to this, if not I'll wait until I'm eventually invited but this does look great and can't wait to check it out. Especially since I betamaxed Diablo 3, gotta fill the void!

I have a beta key but I'd love to get my nephew one too. Lemme know if anyone has one that I can use. Thanks!

FRWAD-VTYW3-NC6GK-9GG9H

FRV43-7X8HL-TYQYA-X82CA

Good luck

Stupid work making me miss the keys posted up for any ol savage to take.

Ruoh was awesome and got me a key. If/when I get friend keys I'll pay back the favor.

Been a member on the Path of Exile forums since Sept 2011, but people who joined in Feb 2012 get beta keys before I do >_>
Been here for well over 2+ years now so hoping some kind [H]ardite would toss me a Path of Exile beta key via PM. I'll gladly pay it forward to others posting in this thread if you wish.

Been a member on the Path of Exile forums since Sept 2011, but people who joined in Feb 2012 get beta keys before I do >_>
Been here for well over 2+ years now so hoping some kind [H]ardite would toss me a Path of Exile beta key via PM. I'll gladly pay it forward to others posting in this thread if you wish.

Been August or so for me. Staring at the beta invite timer kinda blows too :)

People that actual post on the forums have a higher chance of getting into the PoE beta. Just letting you guys know.

I'm in the beta. The game appears to be complex and deep. I think d3 won't go there really. Sacred 2 has been my favorite arpg because of the complexity of leveling and stats so I will probably lean towards path of exhile until s3 comes out.

When I get more beta keys I will post to this thread.

Just got this in my email:

We're opening up the Path of Exile Beta to everyone this weekend, March 30-April 1, so that we can stress-test our servers in preparation for entering Open Beta in a few months. This Open Weekend is the ideal time to invite your friends to play the game with you.

Last week we deployed the 0.9.7 Beta patch, adding over a dozen new skills and pushing six weeks of incremental improvement to the Beta servers. We've tuned the balance to be more challenging and want your feedback on these changes. This week we will deploy 0.9.8, which adds more skills, new social functionality and further balance improvements.

Due to the recent balance changes, we're going to migrate all existing Beta characters and items to the Legacy League (like we did with 0.9.5 in late December) so that there's a fresh economy and ladder in both the Default and Hardcore leagues.

Check out the list of frequently asked questions about the open weekend on the Path of Exile website at http://www.pathofexile.com/publicweekend/.

This is a great opportunity for you to show your friends the Path of Exile Beta and play alongside them while exploring the new updates. We're hosting four developer-run events at various times over the weekend, so you can show off the skills you developed playing earlier versions of the Beta too.

Kind regards,
Chris Wilson
Grinding Gear Games

Thought those still waiting for keys might be interested.

Thanks uzor. I came to post the same thing. /cheer Mortuus for the beta key a few days ago. Enjoying the game so far, and have not encountered any bugs yet.

I'd love a key for the beta! I'm in need of extra keys for lots of things. Going to this key party and there's a couple people I want to avoid. It's useful having extra keys in the bowl so if you think you'll end up with one of the undesirables you can just pull the 'extra's you planted in there. You end up going home with yourself, but at least then it's not a man. Not that there's anything wrong with that.

Sorry, I got off topic there.

This weekend is open public beta for server testing.
Starts at 5pm PST.
http://www.pathofexile.com/publicweekend/

Please register and play this weekend if you're interested.
It is a very fun game!

12. What happens to my access after the weekend?
Unless you’re already a Closed Beta tester, your access will cease when the weekend ends. Of course, now that you have a Path of Exile account, you’ll be eligible for selection into the Closed Beta. We’re planning to ramp up invitations to the Closed Beta in preparation for the Open Beta. You may find that you get permanent access soon.

13. What happens to all my characters and items from this weekend?

The public weekend takes place in the leagues that regular Beta testers play in. If you gain access to the Closed Beta later, you’ll be able to pick up and play your characters right where you left off. For current Closed Beta testers, you will of course have continued access to items you have found in the public weekend during the Closed Beta. Remember, characters and items may be wiped at any time while we’re in the Closed Beta phase.

14. Are there future public stress test weekends planned?
Based on the data that we receive from this public weekend we will decide if we need to hold additional stress test weekends. We’ll post details about a week in advance if we have any planned.

I'd like a beta key as well.

I'll also be trying it out this weekend if I get a chance.

I would very appreciate beta key if someone has an extra or one that he/she won't use. I would appreciate more if the one would provide 2nd key for my brother too.

:D

Free beta weekend was great. To bad I worked and didn't get to play a lot. Will be curious to see how much the donation is to get a beta key.

Free beta weekend was great. To bad I worked and didn't get to play a lot. Will be curious to see how much the donation is to get a beta key.

I think I saw a dev say 10 bucks (minimum) in global chat yesterday

So does this "donation" give you anything in-game or are you just paying to test a beta?

I enjoyed the free weekend, I just wish I could still play :( Oh well hopefully I luck out with the random drawings every 5 minutes.

So does this "donation" give you anything in-game or are you just paying to test a beta?

I forget, but I think they're adding multiple levels of "donations" that at a minimum include beta access among other stuff... They said they were working on posting it to their site yesterday, so should be up sometime this week I would imagine if it isn't already (I can't check)

here is whats on the site

After 54 hours of public access, Path of Exile is now back in its Closed Beta phase. The weekend was a huge success! 46,911 people tried out the game, and the servers successfully handled peak load of 7310 players. Three minor realm stability issues were found and will be fixed this week. We ran four race events and thousands of players enjoyed playing in them. The players provided a huge amount of feedback on the game including its recent 0.9.8 patch. Thanks very much for helping us test Path of Exile - we had a great time!

We have also announced that we will be allowing microtransaction pre-purchases within the next week. All such purchases will come with a Beta key. If you enjoyed the weekend and want to keep playing, stay tuned for news about this!

Yeah I'd pay $10 or $15 for some in-game stuff and beta access. This game seems way more in-depth than Diablo 3 so far.

Two whole acts are pretty good - Diablo 3 beta has only half of the first act as I have heard.
I was a little sceptical about D3 but I watched some gameplay videos from its beta today and it looks quite interesting. The atmosphere is there I think even though some colors are overblown a little. We will see when it is released. It looks promising.
But maybe Path of Exile will be more immersive and fun. I have seen the skill tree in some video and it looks absolutely insane :) I like such detail - if it is working and has some impact.
Thank you again that you will send me the key. It is really nice of you and much appreciated.

PS. And by the way there is also this Grim Dawn game in development by the former Titan Quest developers which also looks amazing. So I am really excited which of these three will be the most fun.
And then there is Torchlight 2 of course ... :)

That's funny you mentioned Titan Quest. I played the PoE public stress test this weekend and above all it reminded me most of Titan Quest minus the epicness and nice ragdoll effects. It actually made me want to fire TQ back up again.

PoE was very very polished but left me feeling quite bored. I was grinding for gear and nothing all that exciting ever presented itself while doing so.

To me it's strongest points were:
+ Passive tree skill customization
+ Skills implemented as gems that lvl up separately
+ Atmosphere
+ Graphics

And was lacking in:
- Weapon / Armor Skins
- Cookie cutter player characters
- Uninteresting mobs

It just so happens that vanity in action rpg's is a big deal for me. I want to see my character look stronger and stronger. Hopefully they can add in some more visual diversity between characters in the way of more weapon / armor skins.

No worries if not because it is awesome that game is F2P !!!

It just so happens that vanity in action rpg's is a big deal for me. I want to see my character look stronger and stronger. Hopefully they can add in some more visual diversity between characters in the way of more weapon / armor skins.

No worries if not because it is awesome that game is F2P !!!

IIRC, this is exactly what the microtransactions will be for once the game goes live.

Back