Paste Text via Hotkey

Discussion in 'General Software' started by Enlitence.Systems, Apr 17, 2010.

1. Enlitence.Systems

Enlitence.Systems Limp Gawd

Felt like I've searched forever on this one, anyone know of a application that will simply paste text via a hotkey? (NOT Type text). This would be extremely helpful.

2. Nighted

Nighted Gawd

Specific text or whatever is currently in the clipboard?

3. Enlitence.Systems

Enlitence.Systems Limp Gawd

4. Nighted

Nighted Gawd

Autohotkey is good for this task. There is a tool called Texter that is very good for pasting text. Great for automating things like image and URL tags in forums, for example.

*(oops, I looked at Texter again, it uses hotstrings, not keys)

Many clipboard programs can do some hotkeys also, such as ClipX and Ditto. There is another program I know of, but I can't remember the name of it right now. :mad:

HotKeyz might be what you're looking for. If you need to fill forms though, you may need something like Roboform.

*The program I couldn't remember before is called PhraseExpress. I can't remember if it uses hotkeys, but I know that it can auto replace text.

Last edited: Apr 21, 2010
  5. zolointo

zolointo n00b

I've been using PureText forever now. Does a fantastic job:

http://www.stevemiller.net/puretext/

Let's you config the paste hotkey in a variety of ways. I've got mine set to Win+V, as it's like an alternate Control+V

6. Nighted

Nighted Gawd

That seems to work exactly like ClipboardFusion, except ClipboardFusion might have a few extra features. :)