Password protect Opera?

S

SirKenin

Is there a way of doing this so noone else can use it but me?

Yes, but you probably already know how. Use your own password protected user account on your os. Then, while logged into your account, install Opera to some directory that only you have access to.

On WinXP for example, you could install Opera 8.50 to "c:\documents and settings\<your user name>\Opera 8.50 Final".

In Opera itself, you can password protect certficates, and wand and email logins, but that won't stop people from using Opera.

You could also remove rights from the opera executable so that you are the only one that can run it. In WinXP, you could right-click on opera.exe->security tab and change the rights.

You might have to go to mycomputer->tools->folder options->view and uncheck simple file sharing first.

You could probable use 3rd party apps too.

This all depends on what OS you're using.

I just don't want someone running it from my login, in case they get to it before the screensaver kicks in and locks the computer. I don't want to be too heavy handed on the screensaver either, because then it is a pain in the nads for me.

I'm running XP Pro. I guess I could always use that folder protection util someone in here recommended a while back. That thing is running great on my server. It does a great job of hiding entire folders and what not.

Why can't you just lock your computer before you walk away from it?

Back