passthrough onboad audio? Gigabyte 990fxa-ud3

Hi I was wondering if anyone has passed their onboard audio through? Specifically this board. I've passed through an iscsi, video, fibre channel but no where does it say audio.

'fraid I can't help you on the audio thing but would like to know what video card you are using in that board. I'm planning a system based on it and realized it does not have onboard video.

Thanks

Bill
P.S. I'd kinda like to know about the audio as well.

I briefly tried with my ud3, but was unssuccessful. I was not able to pass Audio or any USB ports.

I was able to passthrough my radeon 4830 with working hdmi audio and a PCI audio card with optical out and a PCIx USB3 card.

Hey guys success, sort of. In PCI devices there are two "unknown usb devices" I pass these through to my 2k8r2 and win7 machines. I updated the etron usb 3.0 drivers. I had a old usb audio that came with my altec lansing headphones. I plugged it in and it works flawlessly. Basically any usb device will work. I passed through an old Dell ati card I had laying aorund.so I'm using it as a multimedia pc. Watching movies via console is choppy via my laptop wireless, if I'm connected via cable it plays nicely.

Couple of other things I found out that might save you some time. the Realtek lan drivers are flaky in esxi, if I set it to be my management, I lose connection with my vclient. If I set my intel as management all my problems go away. The Realtek I use to passthrough and in win7 it works fine.

Last edited:
Back