Passed CCIE R&S Written

mct

[H]ard|Gawd
So I have passed the CCIE R&S written exam and have been studying pretty heavily for the lab. I was wondering if there are other CCIEs around that can offer some insight into how you all studied to prepare yourself for the lab. How many hours per week did you study, how did you know you were ready, etc... I know what I need to study I am just looking for some tips on how to study. I do know that Cisco is going to announce the version 5 blueprint any time now and some things will change. FYI I have a home lab with 9 routers, 1841s and 2811s, as well as 4 3560s. Thanks for any input.

Congratulations. The lab is quite brutal but certainly passable. Good luck.

Grats!

I'm studying for my CCNA, hopefully by the end of January i'll be ready for the test.

CCIE is the end goal though.

Congrats. CCIE level takes a lot of dedication. I'm planning to start a CCNP track but I'm bogged down at the moment. Keep it up and good luck with the rest of the tests

Grats!

I'm studying for my CCNA, hopefully by the end of January i'll be ready for the test.

CCIE is the end goal though.

Good luck with that. The CCNA has changed a lot since I took it back in 2001.

Congrats. CCIE level takes a lot of dedication. I'm planning to start a CCNP track but I'm bogged down at the moment. Keep it up and good luck with the rest of the tests

It sure does. I am putting in 16 hours a week just doing labs. Good luck with the CCNP. It is not that bad especially with the changes they made to it a while back with making it only 3 tests instead of 4. Back when I was going for the CCNP it was 4 tests and they actually had a specific recertification exam that covered topics from all areas. I took that test once to recertify then they changed it to where you only needed to take any one of the exams to pass. I didn't like that as you could just test on your strengths, switching for example, and not have to worry about staying current in other areas such as routing.

I studied 3 - 4 hours a day, every day, for 3 months. When I got close to the lab, as in within 3 weeks, I did full lab run throughs starting at 2pm and going until I configured everything possible every weekend.

Congrats indeed. Just getting through the written part looks daunting and very intimidating. Still unsure as to whether I'll eventually pursue CCIE R&S myself as I'm taking a break after getting my CCNA. That drained me enough that I am anxious as to whether to go into CCNP in the near future lol.

I have faith you'll make it through the gauntlet. I've been following this guy since before I took my CCNA (before he revamped and deleted his channel and all videos :().

http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCeZZUbcL2awo15FafXfsqIw/videos

Maybe there are some quick videos that you can watch that will help you? He used to focus on Cisco entirely, but has since focused mostly on CCIE material and opened it up public again. One of the few individuals I've seen doing what he's doing and its a great time waster when you got nothing else to do.

Cheers! :)

Good luck with that. The CCNA has changed a lot since I took it back in 2001.

Thanks. In my mind, i'm glad they changed it. It's more focused on core areas that one can dissect and concentrate on. Before, it appeared to be a conglomerate of topics, some of which were obsolete, ie. IPX/SPX.

Back