Pascal Titan-X Thread

I'm pretty sure 12GB is a decent amount of VRAM that modern 4K gaming isn't going to touch any time soon, however Professional applications will use as much RAM as you give them.

I think there was a XBOX Scorpio 12GB rumor floating around. That would make 12GB the new console port amount. I also think Nvidia is connected to the new Nintendo console's handheld screen. So they would likely know how much the new consoles are going to have and get their high end cards refreshed with that minimum amount.

I have no idea. As I've stated many times I would love to move to the simplicity of one card. But then I've already looked into budgeting for two of these. Was getting ready to put up one of my 1080s but I'll sleep on it. Honestly I need to eBay the shit out of my office but I REALLY hate dealing with that. I'll probably just sell one 1080 locally for $500 and be done with it, get one Titan and put the other 1080 in my old x58 system. Or I'll totally do something else.

17rz29.jpg

Can't help but think this would have been the 1080 if there was any competition, and the real Titan X would have been the one with HBM2.

Is it just me, or do Pascal look more and more like the Kepler Line up?

Kepler is what threw me into the AMD camp, if my 7850 wasn't black screening I would have never returned it for a 660Ti. This scerams Kelper through and through, there is no competition so you're paying highend dollars for midrange parts. This should have been the 1080 imo.

Seems to only be roughly 35% faster than the GTX 1080 but at a much more premium price. Overclock the 1080 and that number diminishes down to 25%.

If anything, GTX 1080 Ti is the more logically choice if it is happening.

Last edited:
Kepler is what threw me into the AMD camp, if my 7850 wasn't black screening I would have never returned it for a 660Ti. This scerams Kelper through and through, there is no competition so you're paying highend dollars for midrange parts. This should have been the 1080 imo.
Unfortunately, the GPU outlook is completely different now than it was in Kepler, AMD simply does not have the performance I want, so it's currently a none-choice for me.

In fact, I really do not think Vega is going to change that either. Fury X had only been barely able to catch up to 980ti back then, now their Fury X is only roughly 1070 (at least back in Maxwell, 290x/390x was somewhat on par with 980 and was priced similarly, Fury X's WC completely throws me off it. With Polaris being what it is, I really am not optimistic about Vega being able to top 1080, match it yes, top it might be pushing it.

Vega topping this Titan would be a dream, but I just don't see it happening. If this Titan can't give me what I want, then AMD is also a none-choice (even if AMD's Vega is better perf/$, not enough perf is still not enough perf).

If Titan X does give me what I want, then I will probably buy it, the but the price is MIGHTY steep. I would have easily done it at $1k, $1200 is pushing it.

30% is really all I am looking for (1440p TW3 60fps minimum, currently 1080 can do 60fps average with around mid 40 min).

Unfortunately, the GPU outlook is completely different now than it was in Kepler, AMD simply does not have the performance I want, so it's currently a none-choice for me.

In fact, I really do not think Vega is going to change that either. Fury X had only been barely able to catch up to 980ti back then, now their Fury X is only roughly 1070 (at least back in Maxwell, 290x/390x was somewhat on par with 980 and was priced similarly, Fury X's WC completely throws me off it. With Polaris being what it is, I really am not optimistic about Vega being able to top 1080, match it yes, top it might be pushing it.

Vega topping this Titan would be a dream, but I just don't see it happening. If this Titan can't give me what I want, then AMD is also a none-choice (even if AMD's Vega is better perf/$, not enough perf is still not enough perf).

If Titan X does give me what I want, then I will probably buy it, the but the price is MIGHTY steep. I would have easily done it at $1k, $1200 is pushing it.

30% is really all I am looking for (1440p TW3 60fps minimum, currently 1080 can do 60fps average with around mid 40 min).

I'm willing to bet Vega is going to be 1070 maybe 1080 performance honestly, so I don't blame you. AMD doesn't have what I want at the moment, unless I Xfire 480s...

Wonder if they will allow for non FE variants on this one. Titan X Pascal STRIX?

Wonder if they will allow for non FE variants on this one. Titan X Pascal STRIX?

yes they will be allowed, the FE variant will be sold only directly by nvidia. so yes, this may be the first time Nvidia allow AIB to release the card with full variance of coolers, EVGA was allowed to do this, and Gigabyte was able to sell the Titan X with an additional G1 cooler packaged to replace the original... so in this case they may just sell the card customized.

I'm willing to bet Vega is going to be 1070 maybe 1080 performance honestly, so I don't blame you. AMD doesn't have what I want at the moment, unless I Xfire 480s...

AFAIK Vega is rumoured to be 2x Polaris 10. So probably around GTX 1080 performance AKA 970 SLI with perfect scaling, at just over 300W of power. New Titan X is looking to be 125% GTX 970 at 250W.

Unless AMD fixes the poor clock scaling, Vega doesn't stand a chance to compete with the new Titan X.

AFAIK Vega is rumoured to be 2x Polaris 10. So probably around GTX 1080 performance AKA 970 SLI with perfect scaling, at just over 300W of power. New Titan X is looking to be 125% GTX 970 at 250W.

Unless AMD fixes the poor clock scaling, Vega doesn't stand a chance to compete with the new Titan X.

All speculation my friend. don't be surprised if Vega is 250w-300w. It is different architecture as far as the rumors have suggested and looks like improvements went in to it since it is using newer graphics ip. Yea vega might be 1080 performance. As long its priced competitively it will sell. But I expect top end vega to be faster. It really depends on the clocks they can hit. If they can hit 1.4 or better yet 1.5 out stock it will be pretty damn fast.

So this will be something like 1.5x the perf of 1080 at 2x the price? Hmm

I just ordered a 1080 before seeing this, lol.

No fucking way I'm paying $1200 for a GPU, though, so no biggie.

All speculation my friend. don't be surprised if Vega is 250w-300w. It is different architecture as far as the rumors have suggested and looks like improvements went in to it since it is using newer graphics ip. Yea vega might be 1080 performance. As long its priced competitively it will sell. But I expect top end vega to be faster. It really depends on the clocks they can hit. If they can hit 1.4 or better yet 1.5 out stock it will be pretty damn fast.

Exactly. No matter how different the graphics IP is, it won't make up the difference UNLESS there's a pretty big bump in clocks as well. Which is totally on GloFo. Which is iffy.

Why not release it with 2 8 pin connectors and blow past the 300W mark so they can clock this thing better and release it with a water cooler a la the fury X

Why not release it with 2 8 pin connectors and blow past the 300W mark so they can clock this thing better and release it with a water cooler a la the fury X

for what they are charging you they easily could. But they don't have to when people will be buying this without a thought. More profit from those who will close their eyes and hand over their wallet.

I just ordered a 1080 before seeing this, lol.

No fucking way I'm paying $1200 for a GPU, though, so no biggie.
The way I see it, Paying for $1200 for 1 GPU is the same as paying for 2x $600 gpus across 2 generations :p

for what they are charging you they easily could. But they don't have to when people will be buying this without a thought. More profit from those who will close their eyes and hand over their wallet.
Watercooler would break the card for me, no way I am letting water into my system.

That, and I really really do not have the time nor will to rewire my case's fans again.

Or it could be this is the best design for the card. These are pretty tightly engineered cards, so for what the card is capable this could well be the best design.

It just seems awkward to release it now. 1080 is still in high demand and out of stock in a lot of places.
If they are introducing (AND RELEASING) it so soon, maybe AMD got something nasty cooking that will be out soon? That would be awesome :D

It just seems awkward to release it now. 1080 is still in high demand and out of stock in a lot of places.
If they are introducing (AND RELEASING) it so soon, maybe AMD got something nasty cooking that will be out soon? That would be awesome :D
Doubtful AMD has anything in the pipeline to compete at all on the high end this year, they have been very emphatic Vega is next year. More likely than not this was ready and nvidia really wants to show they are the high end dominator.

Should be a mere ~1400€ in Europe (OG Titan X was 1200€ yep). Beautiful perf/$!

Very curious to see the actual performance in game but I don't think this is a card for me.

yes they will be allowed, the FE variant will be sold only directly by nvidia. so yes, this may be the first time Nvidia allow AIB to release the card with full variance of coolers, EVGA was allowed to do this, and Gigabyte was able to sell the Titan X with an additional G1 cooler packaged to replace the original... so in this case they may just sell the card customized.
MSI TITAN X GAMING X

Nah, better left ref-only.

My Opinion: I think it's smart to release it now. I also think Vega will be a DX12 monster and Volta needs to come sooner to compete with it. Releasing the new Titan opens the door to quickly turn the page on Pascal to focus on beating Vega at Asnyc and DX12. If you're patient and have Maxwell cards, it maybe wise to wait until next year for Volta and HBM2 with true AC and DX12 support. I know waiting is for suckers because something new is always coming, but this is the first time (to my knowledge) Nvidia has released it's entire lineup within months of each other. Pascal is unofficially done and Volta is the focus IMO.

Did anyone see this coming? No leaks, rumors, or anything.

I suspect that nVidia is producing their cards as fast as possible. I expected Titan X 2.0 to come out this year. I expect a 1080 Ti to come out this year as well (that's my written prediction).

The decks are clearing for Volta. :)

My Opinion: I think it's smart to release it now. I also think Vega will be a DX12 monster and Volta needs to come sooner to compete with it. Releasing the new Titan opens the door to quickly turn the page on Pascal to focus on beating Vega at Asnyc and DX12. If you're patient and have Maxwell cards, it maybe wise to wait until next year for Volta and HBM2 with true AC and DX12 support. I know waiting is for suckers because something new is always coming, but this is the first time (to my knowledge) Nvidia has released it's entire lineup within months of each other. Pascal is unofficially done and Volta is the focus IMO.

Who is going to buy Vega? From the look it may only be 1070 performance with worse perf/watt. It needs a minor miracle to hit 1080. And Vega is along time away. Fiji was a terrible sales disaster and it wasn't even being released so much behind as Vega will.

Nvidia simply owns everything highend, today and 2017. This is what R&D budgets does. GP100, GP102, GP104 and GP106 have been released now.

Who is going to buy Vega? From the look it may only be 1070 performance with worse perf/watt. It needs a minor miracle to hit 1080. And Vega is along time away. Fiji was a terrible sales disaster and it wasn't even being released so much behind as Vega will.

Nvidia simply owns everything highend, today and 2017. This is what R&D budgets does. GP100, GP102, GP104 and GP106 have been released now.

I'm not talking about DX11 here, just DX12. Until we see the real world numbers on Vega I can't be certain on it's performance.
If Nvidia has the roadmap of more AAA games coming with Vulkan support, maybe it's time to get everything out and focus on Volta.
Just saying it's weird that Nvidia chose to release all of their cards in 4 months (variants not included). They know something.

So what, there's no "big" Pascal? This is it? Pascal is completed and then ext cards will be Volta?

Anyway, I'm not upgrading my system until I see HBM2 Titan. And that also depends on its performance and overclocking.

Back