Pascal Titan Clock Speed Not Lowering in 2D

Sorcerer_Tim

Limp Gawd
I have done some OC experimenting with my Titan and found it to be a bit of a dud so have gone back to stock. I will probably try some variant of water soon, but for now just stock air. The problem is that now my card rarely drops the clock speed at idle or in 2d apps. It is running at 1417/5005 58C almost all the time. Anyone else have this problem? I read about it being a problem with multi monitors, but I am running a single and have an Oculus connected. I have not had the problem until recently and wonder if anyone has had it, and more importantly were you able to fix it? Thanks for any assistance.

I have my Oculus attached and my 1080 is stuck at 1227.5mhz all the time it appears. Good catch, I just noticed this. Unplug the oculus.

Nevermind that did not happen. I had to uninstall my driver and reinstall it and the clocks went back to normal. I haven't seen anyone else complain about this issue before?? This is an issue for sure.

Every nvidia driver until the very latest one had a bug where GPUs wouldn't downclock in 2D with multiple monitors when one of them was running at 144Hz. Your Oculus probably counts as a second monitor, it has a HDMI plug.

The latest driver does fix this.

Every nvidia driver until the very latest one had a bug where GPUs wouldn't downclock in 2D with multiple monitors when one of them was running at 144Hz. Your Oculus probably counts as a second monitor, it has a HDMI plug.

The latest driver does fix this.
Thank you for letting me know about the fix. I have read that the latest driver is causing some frame rate drops. Anyone experiencing that?

Works fine for me, but YMMV as always. I haven't seen widespread complaints, at any rate.

Back