part exchange

stuman

Limp Gawd
well currently i own a mac mini 1.43 g4 512g ram and 60Gb hdd i have a gorgeous lil 15" samsung screen (152x) wireless keyboard and mouse and a teratec digital tv card for it, all the software etc.. but im looking for a new macbook, preferably the black one but might go for the lower option white one and drop in more ram. but the main question is how much do you think i would be able to get for the whole setup? i know macs hold their price quite well, i still have all original boxes etc. i was hoping for the £400 mark. likleyhood of getting this?

and another idea of mine was to get a cheap ticket to america, ive seen a deal to get me there and back for £40 so to get a macbook with £200 off seems ok. i could also shop for a few people at work ect.. and hope to make a lil profit. would i have much trouble with customs or an apple store? it would be a efw months from now.

cheers

stu

I was able to get a 30% return for a powerbook that was over 5 years old. I woulnd't expect anything much more than 50% for that machine as it's currently, well... obsolete... You might be able to sell everything seperately (try the FS forum right here) and make more than you would selling it as a bundle.

What did you pay for that screen?

i payed £300 for it about 2 years ago, was one of the top end screens back then and i still belive its a better looking screen than most today, with that skinny lil bezzle round the screen. it suits the mac mini down to a tee. which is why i thaught selling it as a bundle would be better for it as i doubt it would get £100 sh. ill try and snap some pictures of it.

stu

Back