Part 2 - Best way to protect your PC online?

Prozac1964

Limp Gawd
Ok. It's obvious there is no fool proof way to protect your PC online, which got me to thinking, "what's the best way to protect your PC offline", and the only thing I could think of was choose the best way to protect your data offline. I think that backing up the Hard Drive often would do the trick.

That way if you do get burned by malicious stuff from the internet, at least you have your stuff backed up. To that end, I ask this: What's the best way to back up your hard drive?

External HD, second HD in tower, are there any backup services? Obviously I'm terrible at backing up my stuff.....but I'm tired of getting burned. Any suggestions on the best way to back up?

Thanks, Prozac

All of my computers are backed up daily to my Windows Home Server. From there I backup the WHS and WHS backup database to three different external 1.5TB HDDs. One of those is always kept locked up in my desk at the place I work. The other two are at my house hooked up to the WHS. I always rotate the off-site drive once a week, sometimes every two weeks, just depends on how busy I am. I also complement this backup with iDrive, an on-line backup service. I keep all of our family photos, home movies and music collections synced to the WHS which runs a backup of those folders to my encrypted iDrive account every night.

"Best way to protect your PC online?"

Sorry, the title threw me off.

Back