Paris Police Are Shopping For Drones To Spy On Crowds

HardOCP News

[H] News
Why stop at drones that can spy on crowds? You're the police, strap some damn cannons on those things so you can take out targets as they are identified! What's that you say? We're talking about the French police? Who cares, grow some balls, strap some damn croissants on the things and start kicking ass for a change. :D

Meanwhile, a design brief issued by the police and published by the French tech news site Nextinpact indicates that police in the capital are looking to expand their drone fleet with compact drones with six electric motors known as "hexacopters." It suggests that officers will primarily employ the drone to survey outdoor crowds within a one-kilometer radius.

"Spy" on a crowd? If you're in a crowd, there's no "spying" taking place.

To "spy" is to secretly watch and collect information. If you're in a crowd, it's no secret you're being watched. Whether from a drone or from police who are there to ensure the crowds don't get out of hand, crowds are always being watched. Police are typically HIRED to watch crowds in the States, especially in the stadium settings discussed at the end of the article. That's not "spying," that's simply doing what they're there to do - watch for problems and keep the peace.

Is it "spying" inside of my house or other private property? Nope? Don't care. You have no expectation of privacy in public spaces.

Seems like it would be cheaper to deport all the muslims.

I agree with you as that is the common sense solution however folks tend to forget that fear and confusion generate money for big government. They are not about to give up their cash cows.

I was in Paris about 11 years ago. Deporting the Muslims would not be an easy undertaking - a lot of Muslims live in Paris. I actually preferred shopping at their shops as I received much friendlier customer service than I did from the Parisians.
I did not see a lot of police when I was visiting. The ones I did see looked well-armed as in "don't fuck with me".

Back