Parents Name Baby Hashtag

Remember when those symbols were

#, Pound and *, Start
or even older or just less used
#, Hack and *, Slash

and since when are Emoticon called Emogis? What the heck is the Internet coming to!

not surprising given alot of kids in ' merica nowadays cant even write.

Not as bad as the people allegedly naming their children iPhone and iPad.

I imagine these children have real names and it's just for attention. Congratulations, you succeeded.

Ehhh... I'll believe it when it's confirmed. It could have easily been an autocorrect or something.

I'm into step 4, maybe step five of the Kubler-Ross model. I gave up hope for humanity ages ago.

I think they need to #learntospell, perhaps #hookedonphonics. :p Seriously though if that is that baby's real name I feel so sorry for that little girl.

Maybe Ashley got autocorrected to Hashtag?

If it's real.... Stupid parents. I've heard worse, but come on... This shit has to stop.

Hashtags in web development are going the way of dodo - in 2-3 years they will be practically dead. The only reasons they were used in the first place is because crude Ajax websites needed it (at one point they were cutting edge, actually).

The only reason why Twitter or other websites might stay with it is due to (community) compatibility reasons.

I wonder if the kid can sue her parents when she is an adult

lmao.
This is the first thing that came to mind. She'll probably wish she could abort them as well. I hope they're at least liable for the cost of all the therapy she's gonna need.
Seriously, there should be guidelines to acceptable and unacceptable naming of children. Meaning if it's a dumbass name it gets rejected.

This is the first thing that came to mind. She'll probably wish she could abort them as well. I hope they're at least liable for the cost of all the therapy she's gonna need.
Seriously, there should be guidelines to acceptable and unacceptable naming of children. Meaning if it's a dumbass name it gets rejected.

Depends on the country. In the US Hashtag and Moonbeam are just fine but in, say, New Zealand they've taken kids away from parents that have given names like that (though, partly because those parents also are found neglecting/abusing said children as well). Words, and by extension names, have meaning behind them. Naming your son Sue or your daughter John isn't 'sticking it' to anyone but your child.

Well, people should be allowed to name their kids whatever they want. Having said that, others will mercilessly tease the child about their name.

The parents....eh, let's tattoo DUMBASS on the foreheads and be done with it.

I actually know of one that is worse. My sister was a teacher in downtown Baltimore for a few years and one year she had a student had parents that had to be out of their minds. WHen she first went through the role call she ended up letting the kid pronounce it because it was spelled "Shi'thead". I am not kidding. Parents were pronouncing it "shee-tayd". Talk about f'ing cruel.

Before you ask multi-generational American not someone from a foreign country with a linguistic barrier.

By the time that kid grows up, the term hashtag will be just as relevant as terms like "teletype" and "buggywhip" are today.

Though now that I think about it, "Buggywhip Jameson" does have a certain ring to it. :)

Depends on the country. In the US Hashtag and Moonbeam are just fine but in, say, New Zealand they've taken kids away from parents that have given names like that (though, partly because those parents also are found neglecting/abusing said children as well). Words, and by extension names, have meaning behind them. Naming your son Sue or your daughter John isn't 'sticking it' to anyone but your child.
Too bad the kid is stuck with the name long after the parents are done sticking it to the powers that be and all that. Pretty sad if a parent is actually tool enough to be willing to use their child as a tool like that.

I'd say "No one is THAT stupid", but every time that is said, mankind takes it as a challenge.

Back