Paralyzed Streamer Kicks Ass at PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds Using Only His Mouth

monkeymagick

[H]News
After enduring an accident 11 years ago that left him paralyzed from the neck down, Rocky Stoutenburgh has remarkably been able to relearn how to game. Using a game controller developed for quadriplegics called QuadStick, Rocky is able to take down noobs like the best of us. Fitted to a mouthpiece, the controller is connected to sensors that also connects to a joystick and comes in many different combinations and complexity depending on the users' demand. Users are able to control movement and actions by sipping or puffing into the device with some tongue-action.

Check out him getting a couple of headshots

Wow, good for this guy. He moves better than some people using a KBM or controller. I am glad technology has come such a long way that people with disabilities can still enjoy gaming.

It is pretty amazing tech. I am glad he is able to play.

I know a guy who was born with a birth defect - he is bound to a wheel chair can't use his arms/hands but does use his feet. He uses a joystick and mouse (keyboard works, but he has some issues with it). He had the lead score playing Halo against a large group of college students. It was impressive watching him. He is a software developer and working on becoming a game designer.
I would like to see some technology along the lines of Avatar come out. I don't remember what they used, but seems like the main character was paralyzed.

That's awesome. If he can play FPSs, he can certainly enjoy tactical games like XCOM2 and Mordheim, too.

I bet his girlfriend doesn't complain, either!

Back