Parallels & Fusion, Rant

metril

Limp Gawd
Well, I wanted to get one or the other. I tried both out in an OSX VM. They both ship with BLOAT.

Vmware Fusion has stupid Mcafee in the menu. Even if I get the lite version, there is Mcafee in the menu and I cannot stand that. I absolutely hate Mcafee and every time I see "Mcafee", my blood boils. If I could edit "Mcafee" out of the drop down menus, it would be perfect, but sadly I can't.

Even if you pay for Parallels, it has the stupid "Access" thing and the stupid "convenience store" in the menus. I am not paying for them to advertise even more useless @!#$! to me. Especially when it pesters you constantly.

I think at this point I am going to stick with RDP.

End rant.

Not sure what you're taking about. I'm running fusion and McAffe is on none of my VMs. It offers to download it if I click the option near the install VMWare tools.

What do you mean it ships with the bloat? What is it bloating exactly?

Not sure what you're taking about. I'm running fusion and McAffe is on none of my VMs. It offers to download it if I click the option near the install VMWare tools.

What do you mean it ships with the bloat? What is it bloating exactly?

I think he's mad that McAfee even shows up in the menus. I don't get the big deal, really.

I understand that people don't get the big deal, but it bothers me. Kind of one of my quirks I guess.

You must never use Java. Products bundling other products is a fact of life.

I haven't figured out how to get parallels to use more then one core because I was trying to use 7zip on a .tar file and it was going to take 60 minutes and I gave up and let osx do the job and it took like 2 minutes tops. I dislike parallels for that I guess :p

I haven't figured out how to get parallels to use more then one core because I was trying to use 7zip on a .tar file and it was going to take 60 minutes and I gave up and let osx do the job and it took like 2 minutes tops. I dislike parallels for that I guess :p

In the Parallels control center, click on the gear icon associated with the VM. Go to the Hardware tab. Click on CPU & Memory. Allocate away.

I am using parallels 9 and there are 0 bloatware in it. It also works better thanany Virtual Box and VmWare product I ever tried.

FYI, new Fusion 7 is out. Same mcafee menu item ( :p ), but I will say the power savings are awesome on a laptop.

Back