Parallels and booting DOS?

mwin

2[H]4U
I'm trying to get a DOS 6.22/Win3.11 virtual machine set up on my Mac Pro. I'm having the damndest time trying to get Parallels to see a DOS boot CD as bootable. Anybody know if this is possible? Any off the wall suggestions to try? I'm sure this is way out of their design spec, but I'm just killing time.

I figured out my problem, and actually got everything up and running. My first problem, with the CD's, was that my CD drive was in use by another virtual machine. Figuring out that everything wasn't sharing the drive at the same time was my first breakthrough.

After that, I discovered creating virtual floppy drive images from disks. So I got my DOS 6.22 disks into .fdd images and mounted them to the virtual machine, and everything was wonderful, after that.

I figured out my problem, and actually got everything up and running. My first problem, with the CD's, was that my CD drive was in use by another virtual machine. Figuring out that everything wasn't sharing the drive at the same time was my first breakthrough.

After that, I discovered creating virtual floppy drive images from disks. So I got my DOS 6.22 disks into .fdd images and mounted them to the virtual machine, and everything was wonderful, after that.

next on list, install windows 3.11

I already run Parallels. I was just going through my Windows OSes, creating a virtual machine for each one. Since I had DOS 6.22, I figured, why not?

Back