Paragon Partition Manager 2009 Special Edition - FREE!!!

Wow. This is actually just the thing I need for a friends PC. I can't be arsed with having to back up all his stuff and reinstall windows. Of course he put everything on C:, and needs some space. No problem waiting until I get home to do this? Did the last one run out other than 12AM that night?

Active Giveaway time left: 15 hours 47 minutes -- currently.

ps Thanks OP, I've downloaded a few things from that site in the past, may even have a bookmark somewhere...But never remember to check it for goodies.

Wow. This is actually just the thing I need for a friends PC. I can't be arsed with having to back up all his stuff and reinstall windows. Of course he put everything on C:, and needs some space. No problem waiting until I get home to do this? Did the last one run out other than 12AM that night?

Even then you have to install it before 12AM because you get the key by email and they won't give them out past 12AM so its not enough just to download it before the deadline

Paragon Readme said:
Installation

Unzip the package you`ve downloaded and run Setup.exe which is included in the package, to
install and activate the software. You will get the registration key info by e-mail during the installation process.

You have to install it before the Giveaway offer for the software is over.

Installed over an hour ago... no lic key email yet. Anyone else get theirs faster? :confused:

This is pretty sweet. I have the professional retail version already but another copy wouldn't hurt for personal use.

Active Giveaway time left: 15 hours 47 minutes -- currently.

ps Thanks OP, I've downloaded a few things from that site in the past, may even have a bookmark somewhere...But never remember to check it for goodies.

Hahaha, yeah it always seems like when I check it there was a program I could have used 2-3 days before.

Glad that so many people find this useful.

fyi, i dont know if this is frowned upon or not, but it appears to work on every pc i try it on. i have 3 legit copies now... not like it matters or anything since you only need one

Paragon Partition Manager 10 Personal Edition comparing to Paragon Partition Manager 2009 Special Edition additionally offers: Windows 7 support; Apple Boot Camp support; Two-level user Interface; Support of GPT-formatted Hard Disks; Recovery media on flash.

Just FYI...

Even then you have to install it before 12AM because you get the key by email and they won't give them out past 12AM so its not enough just to download it before the deadline

That sucks. If I reinstall my OS, then it's gone for good. :(

It also needs to have an active internet connection for installation - using Host Only networking for a virtual to guinea pig was a no-go.

Once you get the key, can you save it for a later install? Or do you think it's only valid within the giveaway time?

To get around the giveawayoftheday.com crap, start the setup.exe, let it connect and get to the point where it shows the ugly blue button menu. On Vista go to AppData/Local/Temp in your user dir and look for directories named RarSFX##. Poke around in those directories until you find something that contains doc/, windows/, recovery.exe, setup.exe, etc. You need setup.exe to install later. Keep recovery.exe to create CD or ISO boot media. Maybe hang on to the pdf in the doc directory, too.

I'm guessing you need to do this before the deal is over tonight.

Keep your registration email too. I'm hoping everything will still work tomorrow, but I'm not gonna complain about free if it doesn't.

To get around the giveawayoftheday.com crap, start the setup.exe, let it connect and get to the point where it shows the ugly blue button menu. On Vista go to AppData/Local/Temp in your user dir and look for directories named RarSFX##. Poke around in those directories until you find something that contains doc/, windows/, recovery.exe, setup.exe, etc. You need setup.exe to install later. Keep recovery.exe to create CD or ISO boot media. Maybe hang on to the pdf in the doc directory, too.

Keep your registration email too. I'm hoping everything will still work tomorrow, but I'm not gonna complain about free if it doesn't.

youll have to let us know if that works

I kept the setup via your advice. Thanks so much. I haven't used my key yet later so hopefully it's still valid later. Now what exactly does the recovery option do?

After I extracted the .rar, I launched setup almost immediately. After it verified a few things it got to installing. When it asked me for my key during the installation process, I went to my email account and kept refreshing. Nothing was showing up.

I went back to the install window and hit the registration button. I entered my details and got the confirmation codes real fast in my email. I basically got confused by what I was reading by my own accord, and was waiting, waiting, waiting. So in case it happens to someone else….

There is still plenty of time so long as you can get a code. There is a few hours to go still.

youll have to let us know if that works

Yep -- Like any written package that you download you can always get the setup files as they are uncompressed uner the local user's temp account for a later reference. It's the same kind of detective work that goes into creating your pacakges from venders and locating the msi file.

I applied for keys a few times. I have not installed the software but figure the registration generation and receiving the email is good enough.

I just tried re-running setup.exe from my instructions above. I didn't finish the installation, but it looks like it works.

I kept the setup via your advice. Thanks so much. I haven't used my key yet later so hopefully it's still valid later. Now what exactly does the recovery option do?

The recovery.exe creates a bootable CD containing the program. I created a bootable ISO with it but haven't tried it out yet.

Back