Paragon Drive Backup Question

TexUs

[H]ard|Gawd
So, for those of you that use this...

Can I only opt for either a hard disk backup or a file level backup?

I did a hard disk backup, but by appearances... I can't restore files from it. My only option is to restore the entire image, is that correct?

If that's correct, that means the only way I can restore files is just doing file level backups? Which means it won't grab the sector by sector info???

Edit- Mainly the SBS 2008 backup sucks for flexibility. I only want to backup twice per week and its only option is daily, which even includes weekends.

You can restore individual files from the image....I'm working at a client now where I have their 6 servers backup to a 4TB NAS..all using paragon server backup. Pretty slick product.

On the main program menu, on the toolbar towards the left, click on "Restore Individual Files"..and follow the bouncing ball...

You can restore individual files from the image....I'm working at a client now where I have their 6 servers backup to a 4TB NAS..all using paragon server backup. Pretty slick product.

On the main program menu, on the toolbar towards the left, click on "Restore Individual Files"..and follow the bouncing ball...

Yep. Then what from there? That open seems to open a generic "restore" wizard... Which leads me into choosing the image, then it asks which disk I want to restore to (And notifies me all existing data will be replaced, etc).

I believe there is a way to mount the image in the software as a virtual hdd, and then pull a single file from that mounted image.

If you want another option, you can use a piece of software that has separate file level backup and image backup like what the company I work for makes: NovaBACKUP

That way you can do an image backup like once a month or when you make a major change, and just do file level backups the rest of the time.

Also, just FYI the Disaster Recovery option in the software is actually OEM'd from Paragon, but all the file level stuff and online backup is built in house

Yep. Then what from there? That open seems to open a generic "restore" wizard... Which leads me into choosing the image, then it asks which disk I want to restore to (And notifies me all existing data will be replaced, etc).

Similar to other backup/restore software, I recall an option to restore it to a different location..or original location. I haven't restored files from it in a few months...but I recall a sorta..FTP like interface that you eventually get to...like a split Win Explorer window, destination on one half, source on the other half that's pulled from a browse the image process.

if its saved to an external drive you gotta mount the image first, contact paragon, i ran into a similar problem a while ago, had it saving to a NAS couldn't do a file restore, still never figured it out.

I believe there is a way to mount the image in the software as a virtual hdd, and then pull a single file from that mounted image.

Well, that's what I assumed. But I can't figure out how to do that.

Back