Paper Launch for AMD Ryzen 9 3900X

i got a 3700x from MC, got it all home, half the pins where bent.... i go check today, they selling the shit open box with bent pins and no warranty for 280$ lol.

The 3800X was a paper launch because I don't there were any at all of them, anywhere. The 3900X was definitely in stock at Newegg for a while. Bunch of people on Reddit got them. I took too long to find a mobo and missed out on a 3900X myself, though. Drat.

Well, for starters you are a day late.

3900X was at MC if you actually went on open Sunday, the VA and MD stores had the sheets lying around that they were marking down inventory from.

3800X did not ship in time to anywhere, neither stores or reviewers, next week (7/16) apparently.

I wouldn't call it paper, but I'm not sure how its not. I was lucky af to find this at microcenter. I think where I live in the Atlanta GA USA region, it might be one of the high yield markets for Microcenter hence why we had the chips down here. Maybe the store got preference from AMD or MC headquarters.

The problem with Europe is that AMD is an American company so obviously it would seem that America gets the first run, then europe will get the second is what I would suspect.

The main issue is that Microcenter wants you to go to thier brick and mortar stores, which I understand fully given the age of amazon and online retail. But you cant order the stuff yet from thier site and they are a major pc parts power player in the states.

View attachment 172688

You must send all that back. You aren't allowed to have evidence that it was not a paper launch if you're building AMD. It's the law. ;)

Stock will improve over the week would be my guess and it's not uncommon for new hardware to sell out quickly.

Newegg just emailed me from my auto-notify on the 3900X and had the price of $500 rather than the $689 extortion price.

[update]
They shipped both the CPU and Motherboard today so no shenanigans.

Last edited:
I was just able to place my order at newegg. Time will tell if it will actually process or get cancelled.

I was just able to place my order at newegg. Time will tell if it will actually process or get cancelled.

Well, they've charged my card, but not gonna get excited until I get shipping confirmation.

Microcenter has yet to list them, Amazon has yet to list them, Newegg has only listed SOLD OUT as they have never gotten them in
It is listed on their website, but they are not selling them online. In store only for now.
I arrived a little too late. A guy snatched the last one a couple of minutes before I got there.

It is listed on their website, but they are not selling them online. In store only for now.
I arrived a little too late. A guy snatched the last one a couple of minutes before I got there.

They still aren't listed In-Store Only at my MC in Paterson, NJ, they aren't listed at all unlike the 3600, 3600X, and 3700X

Just got an email from Amazon that it's available now.
They are price gouging on 3700x. $449.99

3900x is still selling for $499.99. (sold out again)

Attachments

• Annotation 2019-07-08 141043.jpg
    Annotation 2019-07-08 141043.jpg
    23.9 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Yes!!! 3900x and MSI MEG X570 ACE motherboard are in their way.

I always fucking hate that Amazon search results come up empty when something is out of stock. That's probably one reason people think this was a paper launch - they arrive in stock for 1 minute, then disappear again.

I equally hate them NOT taking the extra 2 seconds or w/e it takes to do a PROPER listing of a 3800x that lists the "grey sheet" with the specs of the product being listed and NOT ryzen 1800x or 2600x etc as they are "closest thing to the same specs"

I imagine more than one poor fooker got the wrong one, had to pay extra to send back....

on another note, an idea I had, they should think of a way to make a "bootkit stamp"

this way here if it is a new build, a swap of old to new cpu that may or may not like "direct upgrade" why not be "different" and have a limited use "stamp" (gives the base line AGESA or whatever is required to work with in this case Ryzen gen 1 through gen 3 (3xxx) on boards that would support if the sticker were an actual cpu (no windows etc, or maybe it can do a "base set" then you just need do the OS and crud.

I so want one of the b450 had my eye on for quite a while with a shiny new 3600 or 3700x type thing, I hope this time around the mix and match cpu wise between 3 "generations" is as seemless as possible (shame the OC seems so abysmally narrow, was hoping for "turned out real good so they put "do not pass this clock/volt for x6xx so x7xx will ALWAYS be superior, sadly seems either their design was so very "tight" to begin with clock speed were near as high as would be anyways or something else has got in the way of really allowing it to "open up" as I though part of the want to go chiplet style was it takes a hell of a load OFF the "cpu" as a whole.

In my part of EU, everything except 3600 and 3600X was a paper launch. ASUS and ASRock X570 boards also nowhere to be seen.

I am in Bulgaria. They only have the new APUs and 3600. Was to to expect 3900 by Wednesday. There seems to be a lot of people on the list. Not sure I'll make it on the first round.

amazon.de has nothing but OEM PCs with 3900 but no the CPU itself. amazon.co.uk has it though

I always fucking hate that Amazon search results come up empty when something is out of stock. That's probably one reason people think this was a paper launch - they arrive in stock for 1 minute, then disappear again.

Listing out of stock items always felt shady to me. I am glad they're filtering them out

I agree with the post title, it's basically a paper launch. No stock to be found anywhere at this time, the 3900x 3800x and 3700x are all sold out at Newegg, Amazon never seemed to have any from the start.

So I take back what I said, Im happy now. Earlier today I was getting a ice coffee and Newegg sent a message saying the 3900X was in stock. So I have the Newegg App on my phone as I was ordering a ice coffee I was ordering a new cpu which I will have Thursday. 5 minutes later they were all sold out again, I feel blessed.

A paper launch was the 7/8/7 Boeing 787 rollout. This isn’t. Just because there wasn’t much stock to go around doesn’t make it fake, which is what “paper launch” means.

Amazing how many people don't know this

Not to mention that the 3900X came in stock today at BOTH Newegg and Amazon for a little while. Seems like they are getting new shipments in. Lot's of demand for these chips, no surprise there.

A paper launch was the 7/8/7 Boeing 787 rollout. This isn’t. Just because there wasn’t much stock to go around doesn’t make it fake, which is what “paper launch” means.

You might argue that about the US launch. Elsewhere anything including and above 3700X was a paper launch. If a whole continent gets ZERO processors, it is a paper launch for that continent.

They are price gouging on 3700x. $449.99

3900x is still selling for $499.99. (sold out again)

notice the lack of prime shipping.. it's just jackass 3rd party sellers trying to take advantage of the high demand so that every time it cycles between warehouse supplies their stuff appears.

I got my 3900X & 5700 XT 50AE coming direct from AMD, ordered at 8:30AM Mountain...?

I also saw 3900X on Newegg hours & hours before the embargo ended, "Add to Cart" and all, but then it went "Out of Stock"...

I am waiting on ASUS to get their head out of their butts & release the Crosshair VIII Impact mDTX board so I can actually build my, well, build...

So with that delay in place, I might just turn the 50AE back around to AMD & wait for the water-cooled Sapphire Toxic AIB...!

Last edited:
Not to mention that the 3900X came in stock today at BOTH Newegg and Amazon for a little while. Seems like they are getting new shipments in. Lot's of demand for these chips, no surprise there.

Microcenter too, I had one reserved around 9:15 this morning and will be picking it up in about an hour.

Can anyone post or PM me the Amazon link so I can set up a notification for a 3900x? Won't show up in search results if not in stock.

If anyone looking for a 3900X is local to these areas, Micro Center has them in stock right now:

GA - Duluth
MD - Rockville
MD - Parkville
MI - Madison Heights
MN - St. Louis Park
NY - Westbury
OH - Sharonville
PA - St. Davids
TX - Houston

Seems they're doing some pretty aggressive bundle discounts too. Best of luck to those in the market for one!

If anyone looking for a 3900X is local to these areas, Micro Center has them in stock right now:

GA - Duluth
MD - Rockville
MD - Parkville
MI - Madison Heights
MN - St. Louis Park
NY - Westbury
OH - Sharonville
PA - St. Davids
TX - Houston

Seems they're doing some pretty aggressive bundle discounts too. Best of luck to those in the market for one!

Well unless someone is willing to ship it to me I am out of luck for Microcenter, only one in my state is in Southern California and I am in Northern California.

Well unless someone is willing to ship it to me I am out of luck for Microcenter, only one in my state is in Southern California and I am in Northern California.

Even the Socal Microcenter has been sold out since 7/7 morning.

Back