Panzer Dragoon Remake

Krenum

Fully [H]
If you're a fan of Panzer Dragoon on the Sega Saturn they made a remake with modernized graphics & its Fantastic!

What a nostalgia Bomb!

capsule_616x353.jpg

Its also on sale right now at GOG for $2.49
https://www.gog.com/en/game/panzer_dragoon_remake

Yeah this remake is old news (came out a couple years ago), I grabbed it on sale on Switch a while ago (wish I had grabbed it on PC instead, especially for GOG's current price). I'm a really big PD fan, I play 2 and 3 multiple times per year ever year, but I dunno, this remake of the first game kinda felt low-effort and barebones to me. I mean yeah it looks and runs way better than the original first game, but I dunno, maybe I expected more from this? Or maybe it's just cuz I prefer 2 and 3 waaaay more in general. I'm more interested in the remake of 2 that I heard they were making. 3 (PD Orta) doesn't even need a remake, just needs a port to modern systems and PC.

In any case, the remake of the first game is most definitely worth $2.49. Don't sleep on dis shiznit.

Yeah this remake is old news (came out a couple years ago), I grabbed it on sale on Switch a while ago (wish I had grabbed it on PC instead, especially for GOG's current price). I'm a really big PD fan, I play 2 and 3 multiple times per year ever year, but I dunno, this remake of the first game kinda felt low-effort and barebones to me. I mean yeah it looks and runs way better than the original first game, but I dunno, maybe I expected more from this? Or maybe it's just cuz I prefer 2 and 3 waaaay more in general. I'm more interested in the remake of 2 that I heard they were making. 3 (PD Orta) doesn't even need a remake, just needs a port to modern systems and PC.

In any case, the remake of the first game is most definitely worth $2.49. Don't sleep on dis shiznit.

I don't know if the fault of the remake feeling barebones is entirely at the feet of the devs here. PD1 was always more of a fun tech demo than a full experience. Zwei was definitely the better of the two.

I think Orta could probably do with some remastering, but that's about it. I'd also love to see Saga get a remake, but I've heard the source code for that one was lost so they'd have to reverse engineer it from retail copies or hope there's older versions of the code somewhere.

Back