Panther X ??

Farmmaster

n00b
My friends and i were wondering exactly what Panther X is capable of doin in terms of PC compatability. Such as will it play all games for pc, for example counterstike/Steam.

Any info would be appreciated.

Well, if you buy the correct software, you can emulate a pc

Or you could just buy a pc like i wish i had done.
Now im stuck with the dual 2Ghz g5
But im lovin' my 23" display

Originally posted by sigmend
Well, if you buy the correct software, you can emulate a pc

Or you could just buy a pc like i wish i had done.
Now im stuck with the dual 2Ghz g5
But im lovin' my 23" display

the very newest VPC is supposed to have hardware support

i remmeber my buddy trying to run it on an older version, it wasnt too pretty (didnt work got all kinds of wierd colors and errors, and that was the menu) but then again he might not have thought to play in software mode

and jesus they have better games now! you can get halo and ut2003 for the mac, give up HL!

Halo blows on all computers, it's only decent on the Xbox. UT is ok, but it still can't compete with CS for simple fun,

I have just loaded up VPC 6 on my ibook and it runs ok...not the greatest in the world but it does run..increasing the RAM for it would be better but since I am just playing with it right now I will leave it at 256....if you are looking to play games I would get a PC...if games are not what you are getting the system for then get a Mac and run 10.3

Originally posted by gigglebyte
if you are looking to play games I would get a PC...if games are not what you are getting the system for then get a Mac and run 10.3

Well said. If you need a computer for school, or something for e-mail, web, graphics, video, programming, etc. get a Mac.

-Matt

I almost had my dad talked into getting an iBook for my sister for college, just because I despise her and knew it'd piss her off to no end that she couldn't get any games (she's pretty dumb) that would work on it :D.

Anyone who claims you should get a Mac to play games on is an idiot. If you want to play games, get a Nintendo or PS2! ;) :D

Originally posted by Instigator
I almost had my dad talked into getting an iBook for my sister for college, just because I despise her and knew it'd piss her off to no end that she couldn't get any games (she's pretty dumb) that would work on it :D.
Haha, that's a good one.

Agreed with the whole PC for games and tweaking the crap out of it, while Apple for just hardcore working, lol.

I have a PC based Desktop to have fun with, and I have a Powerbook to lug around at school so I can keep my mind focus on studying. And of course you will also need a PS2 in case you are getting tired of all the patches, updates, and bugs or whatnot for your PC Games.

Agreed with the whole PC for games and tweaking the crap out of it

If you wanna do software tweaking, a Mac is still very useful... even more useful than a Windows box... It's based on UNIX, you know. ;)

Back