Pantheon: Rise of the Fallen ~ Challenging Epic Planar High Fantasy MMORPG

Heh, trust me...it's really not the same. Project 1999 was the best iteration I ever played. It kept me around for 2 years. I'm waiting patiently on Pantheon but I'll probably be getting on the new Nost vanilla WoW server when it comes out.
P99 was great. Felt like a newb all over again. All the nostalgic feelings came back.

Even on EQ locked progression, you are benefiting from many changes that were made over the years.

P99 was great. Felt like a newb all over again. All the nostalgic feelings came back.

Even on EQ locked progression, you are benefiting from many changes that were made over the years.
Yeah. I liked the old classic UI and stuff though that's present in P99. Also, progression servers have always progressed way too fast for me. Even when I did the EQ2 progression server that was locked to a "vote" for each expansion....people voted quickly, and rushed the game along. Having more time to enjoy the content was what I liked. Once you progress far enough, the original game and it's expansions become irrelevant and the areas become ghostlands. P99 was populated from top to bottom for a long time, prolly still is.

This looks excellent they even borrowed DAOC font for the characters :LOL::notworthy::notworthy::notworthy::bag::bag::bag:
The Corey dood in the video used to work at SOE
i just like the environments the hills and stuff looks good I hope the spells and buffs are over the top on the final release. This game totally slipped my Radar but it's on MMORPG.com at the 4th most anticipated. I wonder is they will team up with Steam for distribution or if it's going to be a separate entity.

Last edited:
Can't wait for this game. I spent Christmas alone this year and it just reiterated for me how "lonely" MMOs and most multiplayer games feel in general. Social interaction within a game is HUGE -- so many games keep missing that these days. I love playing with other people and actually talking to eachother instead of just being in the same area doing the same quest or grouped in a dungeon that's so easy no communication is required.

Good video, I think they are going strong with the map layout and group mechanics (group mechanics?? What are those???) but I hope they don't put too much into the graphics, I'm totally fine with them going modern and having better textures but as long as the visual is there they can get to "good enough" and be fine.

I hope they get to talking about spells a bit more. Again something that gets totally too complicated in today's games I just wish they would be simplistic.

I just seen a interview with Brad McQuaid and Boogie from two years ago but he worked on Vanguard EQ and Pantheon Vanguard was the end all of games back in the day I remember when Vanguard first came out saying what you see at level 1 will be totally different at level 50.

I like the spell effects that represent what they are doing. Say if you cast a shielding spell the graphic looks like a shield on the character, like in the video.

At this point it's hard to know what is just temporary store bought/built-in graphics and what is original, spell wise. They are waiting towards end of alpha testing to get in stuff they design. They really haven't brought a lot of 3D artist on board yet.

If you ever heard the spells in EQ2 like the Cleric that shit would stick in your head for hours =)

Last edited:
James Goblin said don't be surprised if the game does a Crowdfunding down the road which is a very good thing for publicity.

Games like World of Warcraft and Diablo had boxes of the game on the shelves for like 15+ years or more which is why they still do good.

The problem with Guild Wars 2 was Free to Play which was a good thing but people could play whenever they wanted to which was in that case was Never Quest Next. Also it's a NC Soft game so people just forget about it even if it's good.

I sure hope it lives up to expectations. Like many, I've been longing for an MMO worth playing and honestly, after EQ I just havent stuck with any of them long. Vanguard had lots of promise but just didnt deliver (huge lack of content early on). Videos from last month look a lot better than a year ago visually but I still havent seen much in regard to actual gameplay.

I sure hope it lives up to expectations. Like many, I've been longing for an MMO worth playing and honestly, after EQ I just havent stuck with any of them long. Vanguard had lots of promise but just didnt deliver (huge lack of content early on). Videos from last month look a lot better than a year ago visually but I still havent seen much in regard to actual gameplay.
Almost all of the gameplay is still being implemented. The game is still in a very early design stage. They've only been "open" about it because they need crowd funding. Normally we would never see the game this early on. They are still working on the tools they need to create abilities and spells. I estimate another year before we really get an idea of what this game is going to be.

Little tidbit on the dev forum that said they "scrapped the game" after 1 year with the current team and started over. The team was reformed into it's current version around June of 2014. That would mean this game really started in June of 2015. With only 1.5 years of development it explains why it's still pre-alpha.

Super glad they are taking a stance against UI mods that pull information to give players an advantage. No one should be able to use mods that tell you thinngs you shouldn't know about the other players/enemies, etc.

They also got a big influx of funding a couple weeks back. Enough money to get them into public testing phases.

I would quit my job just to sink into this game and get a good MMO gaming mouse to play it with unless I plug in an old Logitech G500.

There's alot of hype around this game and also Crowfall. Would be a hard time choosing which to put my free time into.

There's alot of hype around this game and also Crowfall. Would be a hard time choosing which to put my free time into.
They are each attempting to accomplish different things. Obviously if you're more into PVP then Pantheon won't be for you.

Pantheon seems geared more toward PVE and the older style of group-focused PVE gameplay like EQ whereas Crowfall is more focused on the pvp style gameplay but with a spin on how the worlds are setup so the ccampaigns "end" and you start a new campaign, etc.

Then you have Camelot Unchained which is going after a DAOC style Realm vs Realm vs Realm focus and world setup.

I have dealt with Brad in the past with EQ and Vanguard, my best friend at the time helped with a lot of the development behind Paladin's..Brad always has a vision that doesn't quite make it to fruition so I'm quite apprehensive. I do enjoy watching the game play though, although elements of this look EQ dated I kind of miss it, I hope this is a hit and not another fail. I also hope Camelot Unchained isn't another failure. I lost most of my life to the EQ and DAoC franchises.

I have good memories from Vanguard. It was a really hard but fun game. But I jumped on too late and it was pretty much dead.

I'd probably get both. One for PVE, one for PVP. Crowfall looks like it'll be less of a time sink, personally. Pantheon is going to be the (hopefully) slow grind with lots of content to explore. The accomplishment felt much more REAL when it took actual invested time to get there. Everything is so casual these days, nothing feels anything like what it took to get a max level character in EQ.

Looks good have a supply of MMO mice ready for this game....
x3 Logitech Proteus could be wider and more ergo side buttons
x2 Logitech G500s perfect
X1 Logitech 600 which I hate =)

Last edited:
As an old school EQ and DAOC addict , planning on getting this for PVE and already bought Warrior Forever package for Camelot Unchained. Haven't played CU yet as waiting for at least later beta stage , but I know the old school server with no X-realm characters and sub fee etc is exactly what I want in an mmo , hoping Pantheon goes along the same route. Been mmo-less for a while now as I really can't deal with instancing constanlty , and so on.

Really hoping the two of these become long term games for me.

Pre Alpha before the end of the year....HMMMMM...should I go ahead and back this or keep waiting?

Oh wait, the Pre Alpha pledge is like $1000 :LOL:

Last edited:
What I really like is the world looks so large and intimidating like Dark age of Camelot instead of having OP characters.

Pre Alpha before the end of the year....HMMMMM...should I go ahead and back this or keep waiting?

Oh wait, the Pre Alpha pledge is like $1000 :LOL:
Pre-alpha testing is going to be highly governed. People are going to be asked to do certain things. Why would anyone want to pay for that? It's almost as bad as EQ Landmark where you paid to play it, then designed items and buildings that could be used in EQN ... without being paid. Players were paying to be a developer.

Hopefully this doesn't turn into Vanguard 2 and fail miserably.
The scope of Pantheon and VG are completely different. The fact that Pantheon is here right now, considering what happened in 2014, shows that the game is going to launch. The performance right now is a rock solid 60 fps from what we've seen.

Hopefully this doesn't turn into Vanguard 2 and fail miserably.

Despite it's flaws, I still really enjoyed Vanguard for the most part. It took a long time to polish it up, and it was basically "too little too late" - but it turned out to be a pretty good game as far as MMO's go.

I remember reading when Vanguard was coming out they were going to show you something awesome at level 1 but when you get to level 50 it's going to Amazing.

Back