Pandora Tomorrow Multiplayer

NOTD665

Gawd
Come on, I know somebody here has the game and is up for a few rounds of multiplayer.

Now this is a gaming server hardocp should have.

Shoot me an IM at NOTD665 on AIM or MSN, or reply here.

I dont think its possible for hardocp to host a server for this. I think its all over ubi.com sorta like battle.net

Why don't you try hosting a 4 player game (any game at all - besides Starcraft) and tell us what the lag is like on a 56k.

Don't make assumptions. Splinter Cell has a lot more data to be passed from server to client than your typical deathmatch.

Yup yup yup. The game wasn't set up to have four players so it wouldn't lag (although it does help in that regard). It was set up that way because it makes for the maximum amount of realism and balance.

I understand how much more complex SCPT is in terms of what needs to go over the network, but on my DSL I've been connected to 56k servers and not felt any lag at all. SC is built off the UT2003 engine after all, they just added lighting, AI, and new controls. I would imagine they kept the UT netcode, just modified to use their engine tweaks. As long as they're not hosting from the backwaters of Japan, a 56k should still give decent pings provided the clients have good connections.

Back