Pandora Made $80M in U.S. App store Revenue in Q3

DooKey

[H]F Junkie
In the face of fierce competition from Spotify and Apple Music, Pandora has been growing its in-app subscription revenues, according to new data from Sensor Tower. The streaming music service earned the number one spot on the chart of top grossing apps in Q3 2017, excluding games. It’s the first time Pandora has held that position since the third quarter of 2015. I really like Pandora and I can understand how it's doing so well. Pandora and SiriusXM are my go to music sources when I'm on the road and I don't see that changing anytime soon.

Pandora’s earnings reported in July were better than expected, following a quarter that saw a lot of chaos, including the exit of CEO Tim Westergren amid a company shakeup, and the infusion of $480 million from SiriusXM, after Pandora stopped shopping for a buyer.

I love Pandora and I'm big time vested. My stations play exactly what I want and I don't have to manage shit which is what I like.

I switch back and forth between Pandora and Spotify depending on my mood. I like the playlist feature on Spotify, but Pandora doesn't try as hard to force its paid subscription down my throat, so I'll continue to use it more.

Love Pandora. Been using it for a few years and it's never disappointed me on the selections it plays based on my preferences.

Pandora is impossible to use without subscription - the ads are super frequent and intrusive.

I subscribed to premium not long ago and I'm thinking of switching back to Spotify since they don't have a web based or desktop based app to handle playlists. All of that is on the phone and who the hell wants to deal with that exclusively?

Back