Pandemic 2

Agreed Madagascar is a pain, everyone in the world dead and not one infected person in the Island.

Madagascar needs to fucking DIAF....

madagascarht5.gif

Sell any symptoms and don't upgrade anything for like 2 hours in the fastest mode. You'll have like 200 evolution points then just upgrade all the resistance and transmission attributes. Once everyone is infected, upgrade all the symptoms for the kill. However, your score will probably suffer.

Nice little animation. Reminds me of blackface comedy with the exaggerated lips :D They look like black clowns. Some funny stuff on youtube if you look for blackface.

haha I just started a game on Madagascar. They won't escape me this time!

edit: the trick to getting madagascar seems to be using rodents first, then taking all the other infectivity bonuses after you hit that island by boat.

edit2: okay, seriously...how could Argentina close its borders so effectively that a rodent-insect-water-air-borne virus can't get in from Peru or Brazil???

Ugh this game is fun, but a bunch of bullcrap.

Madagascar is like Alcatraz trying to get any type of disease in, and the one time I started at Madagascar, I was able to infect everyone....... And with one hospital left and "109 days til completion" and a drug resistance maxed, I thought I was good as gold.

2 days later somehow they found a cure, then cured 1 person and a day later the hospital was shut down.

So supposedly, my disease that was able to kill over 6 billion people, fails. Because of 1 person in Greenland that got the cure. Mankind is saved :rolleyes:

Yeah, the one time I start on madagascar, the disease doesn't spread anywhere, madagascar shuts down and I kill madagascar. Overall, that not hard of a game, just max out transmission first with no symptoms, then when everyone one is infencted, buy some killer symptoms. They could never cure my disease!

After some experimenting, I figured some things out.

For it to transmit from one region to the next, you need to hit a certain level of infection...I'm not sure if it's by percentage or not. To get your starting region to that level, you need resistances.

What I did was start out as a parasite (for the low visibility), sell my one symptom immediately, buy rodent and airborne infections, and low-level resistances until my infected population started to slowly grow (buy one, wait a few minutes, and buy another if you need it).

Then I left the game running for a while. When I came back it was paused telling me they were working on a vaccine. When I checked the world screen, I found that I had all regions infected. I maxed out resistances and infection vectors and let it run...I infected the entire population, shutting down the hospitals, long before a vaccine was reached.

Right now I'm just letting it build points so I can buy tier 4 symptoms and kill everything. I'm down to 18,000,000 alive, so it's almost over.

The trick is to go unnoticed as long as possible. The slower your infected population grows, the more places it will spread before the whole world gets paranoid and shuts down borders.

edit: Madagascar was the third to fall. China was the last. 28k points, something like 480 days.

I started with selling the symptoms it gives you then purchased Rodent and resistances as I got points. Had them all infected by day 30.

haha I just started a game on Madagascar. They won't escape me this time!

edit: the trick to getting madagascar seems to be using rodents first, then taking all the other infectivity bonuses after you hit that island by boat.

edit2: okay, seriously...how could Argentina close its borders so effectively that a rodent-insect-water-air-borne virus can't get in from Peru or Brazil???

I share your pain

I can't believe I started in south africa, used only rodents and had no symptoms. STILL didn't infect madagascar. Killed every other single person in the world tho. Yet I still failed

i managed to get them all. i start off by clearing all symptoms, and stackin the resistenses hard, then transmission

I've got to hand it to Greenland, they're persistent.

57,000+ dead, 100 infected, the whole world is dying, and not only are the hospitals open, but NOTHING has been shut down. It's business as usual on Doomsday.

Greenland was the first to be wiped out, yet their hospital is still active and has 350 days left to produce a vaccine. Of course the world has only a matter of days...but by God those zombie doctors will cure it anyway.

edit: I have to say, Russia is about the best starting position you can get. Two ports, two airports, and three borders, each border nation having another border nation of its own. It spreads incredibly fast once you just borders from Russia...I had the whole world infected about as soon as Russia's border nations started sharing.

Fuck Madagascar!

I just finished with a score of 78,000 (and change). I got everywhere except Madagascar... slowly, but then I picked 3 symptoms that were the deadliest. I couldn't get into that silly island.

However, Greenland cracked me up. Everything was shut down, Greenland had only about 50 people living, and they REFUSED to close the hospital, the airlines, the shipyard, etc. The whole country is being ravashed by disease, and the whole world is closing off... but they refuse.

Heh.

Fuck Madagascar!

I just finished with a score of 78,000 (and change). I got everywhere except Madagascar... slowly, but then I picked 3 symptoms that were the deadliest. I couldn't get into that silly island.

However, Greenland cracked me up. Everything was shut down, Greenland had only about 50 people living, and they REFUSED to close the hospital, the airlines, the shipyard, etc. The whole country is being ravashed by disease, and the whole world is closing off... but they refuse.

Heh.

It is stranger than that, they manage keep the airport and shipyard open even after they are all dead, and Greenland is a forsaken region. Not sure how that works, but I gotta give them an A+ for trying to act like it is all good, even after they are all dead. :D

I don't even play that game to win anymore, as long as I kill every one in Madagascar, I am happy. ;)

Back