Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ28 s $298.00

Ub3rn00b

[H]ard|Gawd
The price of this camera dropped about 40 bux on newegg's site since earlier today, for anyone who is keeping an eye out. And if you bought it earlier today....that sucks, dude.

You can find this camera a bit cheaper on some sites I've never heard of. We're talking like 10 or 15 bux cheaper. But then you gotta pay for shipping usually too. And barely cheaper, it can be found on ebay from some questionable locations that may fund terrorism...I dunno...heh.

here it is:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16830180186

3. All posts must include the item and price in the title/subject line and a link to the item in the body of the thread.

Just sayin'.

The price drop may have something to do with the fact that Panasonic just announced their new lineup.

3. All posts must include the item and price in the title/subject line and a link to the item in the body of the thread.

Just sayin'.

ya i agree, i'd like a link to see moar about the product.

The price drop may have something to do with the fact that Panasonic just announced their new lineup.

they did a couple days ago yeah, but there's really nothing that fits as a successor to the fz28. Nothing with quite comparable specs. Definitely nothing with the zoom capabilities.

they did a couple days ago yeah, but there's really nothing that fits as a successor to the fz28. Nothing with quite comparable specs. Definitely nothing with the zoom capabilities.

True, but the ZS1 and ZS3 both have a 12x zoom and are compacts, which I think would be more practical for those interested in the FZ28. If shooting above 300mm is really that important to you, you should probably buy an SLR.

True, but the ZS1 and ZS3 both have a 12x zoom and are compacts, which I think would be more practical for those interested in the FZ28. If shooting above 300mm is really that important to you, you should probably buy an SLR.

at that point you gotta look at pricing. You can either buy a really nice high end compact like the z28 or, for a bit more, buy an entry level DSLR. Depends on what you want it for and how big of a camera you want to carry around.

I love my FZ28, shoots some amazing 720P video too. The mic sucks, but hey it's primarily a still photo camera anyway.

The 18X Leica lens on this thing is fantastic!

i look forward to getting mine in the mail on monday...not too concerned about the mic quality. That's the only "con" I found with this camera, but it's not a big deal to me.

at that point you gotta look at pricing. You can either buy a really nice high end compact like the z28 or, for a bit more, buy an entry level DSLR. Depends on what you want it for and how big of a camera you want to carry around.

That's the problem: the FZ28 is not a compact, it's a "SLR-like," and thus only slightly smaller than a real SLR. Price is an advantage, but I think as DSLRs become increasingly cheaper, this kind of camera is going to fall by the wayside.

I love my FZ28, shoots some amazing 720P video too. The mic sucks, but hey it's primarily a still photo camera anyway.
Yep. This is the main reason I got it. Sound sucks, but the video is worth it.

That's the problem: the FZ28 is not a compact, it's a "SLR-like," and thus only slightly smaller than a real SLR. Price is an advantage, but I think as DSLRs become increasingly cheaper, this kind of camera is going to fall by the wayside.
It's really a "compact SLR". The problem with that is that it, like other compact cameras, has a much smaller CCD.

Regardless, it's there now! Enjoy. I bought one and I'm going to buy a Canon sx10 if they drop below 300.[/url]
The thing about the SX10 is that it doesn't shoot in RAW.

Back