Panaflo fan not being read by mobo.

JonnyK

2[H]4U
I've got my 92mm panaflo fan on my xp-90 and athlon 64 3200+ and i was wondering why my motherboard doesn't pick up the rpm's at which my fan is spinnin. i have my antec blue case fan plugged into the "power fan" plug on the motherboard and that is giving a reading, but i have the panaflo plugged into the "cpu fan" plug and it doesn't read. every time i boot up my a8v lady says "fan error" and it says "no cpu fan" or "cpu fan not spinning" something to that effect. do some fans just not work with the rpm monitor or is there something i can do?

i did turn off the sensing for the fan in my bios after i noticed it was doing this, so now i don't get the errors or anything.

btw, i loveeee my new stuff, i've got the 3200 oc'd to 2500 mhz so far (i don't yet understand how ram overclocking works so i'm leaving it at 2500 till i figure out what to do with my ram to match it) but i ran prime95 last night for 9 hours 15 mins with zero errors and zero warnings at around 35 degrees C, this stuff oc's and cools very kickass.

It may sound stupid, but does the Panaflo have a yellow wire? It's the one for RPM monitoring.

Even though the fan may have a three-pin connector, that doesn't mean that it has a tach output. That may very well be the case here.

do you really need rpm, panaflos are one of the most reliable fans you can get

Back