Palmone Zire 31 or Zire 72

WillowHawk

Gawd
i'm looking for a good PDA...i have my sights on the Zire 31 and the zire 72....

i want the 72 cause of the bluetooth stuff...not to mention i can buy a wifi SD card for it, which would be awesome...not to mention a highres screen. the 31 is pretty cool too, but for some reason i dont think that the screen is really that good. i just never really liked it that much..bbut the features are pretty cool.

now i wnat to know if there are any faults or drawbacks in either the 31 or the 72...anything.

any tips?

um, also does anyone have a 31 or a 72 that they want to sell?

email me if you have anything...ebay just isnt wrking for me...i'm willing to make trade simple stuff around here just to knock a few bucks off...i'll have to see what i have when i get home...(ram, floppy drives, small harddrives, modded mouse...etc...just anything to knock like 5 bucks or so off..)

It all depends on what features you think you need and what your budget is...

I was looking at and playing with the Zire 31 at the store and reading about it and I have come to the conclusion that it would be a last resort. The screen really isn't all that great (although it beats the Zire 21 hands down).

Personally I'm looking at the Tungsten E because it has the same screen as the Zire 72, same amount of memory etc. The main differences between the two are slower processor, different look, digital camera and I suppose bluetooth.

I am going to try and get the Tungsten E myself as it seems to be the perfect balance of price vs. features and to be honest I really don't need the digital camera or bluetooth that the Zire 72 offers and I prefer the overal look of the Tungsten E anyhow. Go check out the Tungsten E. I bet you'll be pleasantly surprised.

Canon said:
It all depends on what features you think you need and what your budget is...

I was looking at and playing with the Zire 31 at the store and reading about it and I have come to the conclusion that it would be a last resort. The screen really isn't all that great (although it beats the Zire 21 hands down).

Personally I'm looking at the Tungsten E because it has the same screen as the Zire 72, same amount of memory etc. The main differences between the two are slower processor, different look, digital camera and I suppose bluetooth.

I am going to try and get the Tungsten E myself as it seems to be the perfect balance of price vs. features and to be honest I really don't need the digital camera or bluetooth that the Zire 72 offers and I prefer the overal look of the Tungsten E anyhow. Go check out the Tungsten E. I bet you'll be pleasantly surprised.

thank ye

i ordered the tungsten E, should come soon. *grin*, and i got it for 146 bucks, shipped. so i place my trust in your suggestion. wish me luck

I hope you enjoy it man. I know i'm really looking forward to gettin mine around christmas time, the thing looked awesome at the store.

I look forward to hearing what you think of it.

Back