Palm Cradle and cell phone charger in a 5 1/4 drive bay

Swatchie

[H]ard|Gawd
My question is it possible to install some kind of movable tray into a 5 and a 1/4 drive bay. some thing that I can pull out and push in when not needed that can charge my cell phone and sync my palm ? so its all in one nice little package ? Is what I am saying making sense ? :D

Just my little musing for the day . If anything like this has been done before , does anyone have linkage ? Even if its just for a nokia phone cradle or a palm cradle ?

Thanks

Sure, thats possible. It will take some custom fabrication on your part. But you can just diasemble your current palm cradle and fabricate it to an empty removable HD tray, and do the same for the cell charger. If you spend some quality time on it, im sure you could really make this mod look nice.

gl.

Yoshi from techtv did the Palm (actually, Handspring) cradle thing in a 5 1/4 bay, although I'm sure the idea was done before that...

kk . looks like I will have to talk to my electrical type friends then and try this. thanks for your input.

Originally posted by JediKnight0
Yoshi from techtv did the Palm (actually, Handspring) cradle thing in a 5 1/4 bay, although I'm sure the idea was done before that...
I think just about everything has been done before yoshi does it. I still want to do the handspring dock in a drive bay. In yoshi's mod I believe he did it so that the visor slid into a slot rather than having a tray slide out.

yah . thats how Yoshi did . I dont like that as much . want to be bale to have it slide out . stealthy like :D and not have a gaping hole in the front of the case

Yeah I know what you mean. Maybe you could use an old cdrom drive, and maybe turn it upside down so that there would be more room above the tray. That might end up taking up two drive bays unless it could get really tight in there.

Do something car pop-out cupholder style. Stealths, and vertical phone.

Back