Palit NE5X460SF1102 GeForce GTX 460 (Fermi) Sonic 1GB - $206.99 FS

Jutsu

[H]ard|Gawd
Surprised no one has posted this and seeing how much attention the TD/BCB GTX 460 deal is getting people might be interested in this. I meant to post it earlier this week but the forums where down.

Palit NE5X460SF1102 GeForce GTX 460 (Fermi) Sonic 1GB

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814261075

10% of code: EMCYVNV39

You can do GTX460 1GB SLI for $413.98 with out dealing with BCB. Free Shipping and you can get 2 Stacraft 2 Trial Passes. :D

The Coupon Code is only good for 2 more days!!

I almost pulled the trigger on this deal. I went to EK's web site to run their "Cooling Configurator" and see if it would be compatible with their new 460 GTX full coverage block. It's not. I think this card is a really good deal but I am planning on putting one or two of them in my loop and I can't do that with this particular card. You have been warned.

newegg reviews say the card is loud. why didn't they just freaking stick to reference design?

You mean the "loud fan when heavy load" remark?
yes. the first review says that, and the 3rd review i see says:

"I've owned an 8800 GTS 320, and a pair of 9800GX2's in SLI, and these cards easily trump both of them in the noise department."

Trying to decide if I should jump on these and ditch my 260 (core 216) SLI's.... hmm.

This card is loud, I can confirm this having followed the 460 release and aftermath very closely. Reviews and user reports agree: Palit's design sucks.

Edit: And this card had ramsinks when sent to review sites but it does not now. Palit says they aren't needed, but their design is the loudest 460 available excepting possibly the sloppy/defective EVGA EE fan bearings. Your call.

This card is loud, I can confirm this having followed the 460 release and aftermath very closely. Reviews and user reports agree: Palit's design sucks.

Edit: And this card had ramsinks when sent to review sites but it does not now. Palit says they aren't needed, but their design is the loudest 460 available excepting possibly the sloppy/defective EVGA EE fan bearings. Your call.

Yeah, WTH were they thinking removing ramsinks?

the 460 is really an interesting case, where the non-reference cooling solutions seem to be vastly inferior to nvidia's reference cooler.

I'm holding out for a 1gb card with a reference cooler from a reputable partner.

the 460 is really an interesting case, where the non-reference cooling solutions seem to be vastly inferior to nvidia's reference cooler.

I'm holding out for a 1gb card with a reference cooler from a reputable partner.

Except in the cases of Gigabyte and MSI. Their non-reference coolers are excellent.

Back