Palit GTX 580 3GB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fire488

Limp Gawd
Anyone know anything about this bad boy?
I am wondering when it will be released and for how much.
Thanks.

Plenty of threads about it here, just search. They're all idle speculation at this point, we don't yet know the answer to either of those questions.

Funny on the initial search it did not come up with anything. I just wonder if it will be overkill as most of the critics are saying...

Plenty of threads about it here, just search. They're all idle speculation at this point, we don't yet know the answer to either of those questions.

No offense, but I find only one other post and it is not about the particular card I mentioned.

I just got off the phone with Palit and they claim that they will be at Newegg sometime around the first week of February with a suggested list price identical the the current Suerclocked addition of the GTX 580.

Is it worth the wait for a week and how reliable is Palit ?
I never heard of them till now.

I just got off the phone with Palit and they claim that they will be at Newegg sometime around the first week of February with a suggested list price identical the the current Suerclocked addition of the GTX 580.

Is it worth the wait for a week and how reliable is Palit ?
I never heard of them till now.

Cheap. I've had 3 Palit cards and 2 of them (7300GT and 260Sonic) had fan failures after 18 months and the 7300GT just died after a few years. Hassled with the 260 on RMA to the point i destroyed it and just bought a new card.
This only my experience with them so don't read it as gospel. But I for one will steer clear in the future.

Gainward on the other hand, even though Palit are their parent company, seem to be far enough apart to look different (take the Phantom cards for example) though not had a Gainward card sing the the old 4 Series cards so no idea what they're like now.

The PCB's for both are exactly the same. Only the cooler is different. Hopefully Newegg won't put a max item limit on these cards when they come out as I will be wanting 3-4. ;)

The PCB's for both are exactly the same. Only the cooler is different. Hopefully Newegg won't put a max item limit on these cards when they come out as I will be wanting 3-4. ;)

I'd like to take your word for it, you're probably right. But have we got pics?

I'd like to see a GTX 580 with 1gb of DDR10 or something like that rather than more ram

I'd like to see a GTX 580 with 1gb of DDR10 or something like that rather than more ram

yes and no. in the high end setups I think it will make a difference. provided that the drivers will make good use of it.

I'd like to take your word for it, you're probably right. But have we got pics?

There are pictures on the net of both cards. As a matter of fact, the Gainward/Palit 3GB 580's run the same PCB as their already released non-reference 570's. The just put in higher density RAM chips and kept everything else the same. Smart.

There are pictures on the net of both cards. As a matter of fact, the Gainward/Palit 3GB 580's run the same PCB as their already released non-reference 570's. The just put in higher density RAM chips and kept everything else the same. Smart.

what I would like to see is some reasonably priced 570 at 2.4gb. if that could be done without killing it with pricing I think they would see more interest in surround vision.

what I would like to see is some reasonably priced 570 at 2.4gb. if that could be done without killing it with pricing I think they would see more interest in surround vision.

That would likely cannibalize lots of 580 sales which I don't think nvidia wants.

Also people always say the 570 is 1.2GB but its actually 1.25GB so a double RAM card would be 2.5GB.

2.5Gb you mean. I don't think they'd bother, they've already got the 2Gb 560Ti for mainstream and 3Gb GTX 580 for enthusiast. The 570 is a bastard card that seems to be placed there to fill a small gap in the market, creating a 2.5Gb GTX 570 would kill off the 3Gb GTX580 i would think.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back