Palit GeForce 9600 GT Sonic @ [H]

Can we get confirmation on the ability to have more than 2 displays since there seem to be conflicting reports?

Can we get some word on the audio situation, as well? Seems to be a lot of people on here interested in that, besides just me. :)

Israel only? This is the 9600 GT that they sell in Europe and Asia.
Try going to their sites from different ways:

http://www.palit.biz/
Choose USA and you see both 9600 GT's, choose world wide and you see only this version which weren't reviewed

I just bought a palit 9600GT to replace my X800 XL, but it's not a sonic one. It's the one that's not overclocked (650Mhz). I chose this one because I prefer a card that runs cool and I don't overclock anyways. Finally I'll be able to play rainbow six vegas.

the card has TWO sound hookups-not just one.

1) the exterior Optical hookup everyone See's that uses the passthru cable from sound card

2) the INTERNAL digital audio cable for hooking directly to either your sound card (if it has the digital audio pins-the xfi audio does not) or directly to the dvdrom/blu-rayrom unit itself if IT has the digital audio output.

my Blu-ray drive does NOT have the digital audio pins just sata and power connectors so i could not hook the digital wire up

i probably Will open my case and hook up my OLD dvdrom drive which does have the digital out and see what happens....after vacation.

The X-Fi XtremeAudio: once again, I am going to state categorically, if you are going to put an X-Fi in a system, *avoid* the XtremeAudio. Between the lack of the genuine-article X-Fi DSP, the lack of several internal connectors (even compared to the new-design X-Fi XtremeGamer) and, most telling, the shrinking *price gap* between the XtremeAudio and the XtremeGamer, I see no reason to purchase the XtremeAudio as opposed to the XtremeGamer.

Are there any plans for a HardOCP review of 9600 GT SLI vs. 3870 X2? It looks like the 9600 GT SLI might be faster with a price nearly $100 lower.

The X-Fi XtremeAudio: once again, I am going to state categorically, if you are going to put an X-Fi in a system, *avoid* the XtremeAudio. Between the lack of the genuine-article X-Fi DSP, the lack of several internal connectors (even compared to the new-design X-Fi XtremeGamer) and, most telling, the shrinking *price gap* between the XtremeAudio and the XtremeGamer, I see no reason to purchase the XtremeAudio as opposed to the XtremeGamer.

I agree. At these prices, the XtremeAudio is frankly rubbish. I have had an X-FI platinum for some years, would not trade down.

Interesting. I'm not sure what the XtremeAudio is, but I have the XtremeMusic, which doesn't seem to be offered anymore.

I'll have to take a peek inside and see exactly what i'm packing. This still begs the questions of what's up with the audio options for this 9600GT card? I think Kyle and Brent stopped paying attention to this thread...

im also very interested to find out about the sound thru HDMI situation. I also would like to know if someone here knows if Gainward 9600GT is the same set up because 1) Gainward is owned by Palit and 2) They seem to have the same output set up (1xHDMI, 2xDVI, 1xDisplayport, 1xSPDIF).

It's my understanding that the S/PDIF on this video card is an IN port not an OUT port. You connect the S/PDIF OUT port on your mobo or soundcard to the IN port on the video card and then the video card pipes the data out through the HDMI.

On a side note, does anyone have the exact dimensions of this card?

EDIT:
Says S/PDIF IN on the newegg specs, so I think the above scenario is true.

Well... i bought the Gainward version and i can tell you all i didnt succeed in getting the audio to pass thru the HDMI cable.

I did i correctly and i have a Gigabyte P35C-DS3R motherboard that has both a internal S/PDIF IN and OUT connector.

Back