Palit Gaming Pro 3090 or Gaming Oc Gigabyte 3090?

mgty23

[H]ard|Gawd
Hello. I wanna order Rtx 3090 Gigabyte Gaming or Eagle Oc Gigabyte but nowhere is on stock here in Poland. But Palit Gaming Pro Rtx 3090 is available. Is any difference or not and take Palit Gaming Pro?

Yeah, that's a very high end 750W PSU - you're good. People have been pulling it off on solid 650W units.

Somebody told me this:"750w is not enough. You need at least 850w or more to ensure system stability, especially overclocking."

IS this true?<last question>

Oki thank you for replies. All is clear now. No more questions. Thank you again. I am closing .

Hello again. I opened topic last time,because i not sleep well because of that psu. Last question i swear.

I read something that Ampere card can pull a huge amount of watts for a split second in games and benchmarks which can trip over current protection on psu's and many 750w units can fall foul.

Anyway should be ok?

Last edited:
If you can't sleep well, you won't be able to enjoy your new card! Your PSU is probably fine, but it's not worth losing sleep over. A shiny new 850w is like a xanax, ambien and melatonin cocktail. Sweet dreams and happy gaming my friend!

Yeah, if you're that stressed - sell your 750W and buy a new PSU. That Tom's Hardware article I linked says 750W is fine for your i7 plus 3090. So - not only do you meet minimum requirements, you have a top of the line 750W PSU - so you are A-OK. You can also head over to the jonnyguru forums and they will make you feel better. They are serious, serious PSU experts there.

If you'll sleep better - buy a 1000W or better PSU (not that you need to go that high, but if you're going to swap out, may as well get even more headroom for a few more bucks, IMO). Use that jonnyguru site to find a good one. I use the Corsair AX1000 which is OEM'd by Seasonic (as I said - Seasonic: top of the line!) for my i9 plus 3090.

EDIT: go here - https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforce/graphics-cards/30-series/rtx-3090/ - click on "View Full Specs" - it says 750W for 3090 FE as "recommended" (not minimum). Your 3090 is not that much different.

750w_FE.PNG

Hello again. I opened topic last time,because i not sleep well because of that psu. Last question i swear.

I read something that Ampere card can pull a huge amount of watts for a split second in games and benchmarks which can trip over current protection on psu's and many 750w units can fall foul.

Anyway should be ok?
If you are losing sleep over this, get a better power supply.

If you can't sleep well, you won't be able to enjoy your new card! Your PSU is probably fine, but it's not worth losing sleep over. A shiny new 850w is like a xanax, ambien and melatonin cocktail. Sweet dreams and happy gaming my friend!h
Hope all will be fine:)And thank you to all for helping,recommendations and answers. Really appreciate it. I love you forum and users:) <3 love 🥰

Last edited:
I read rumours that Seasonic Tx had problems with that cards. Its ridiciolous. The most expensive model of Seasonic and issues. Read:

https://www.reddit.com/r/nvidia/comments/j0t2ob/psu_concerns_with_rtx_3090/

"Linus tech tips specifically had a problem with a Seasonic TX-850W tripping its OCP at 50% power draw on the 3090, causing hard resets."

So change that psu for a i dont know COrsaiR?!
Just try it out first before you get all crazy. If it doesn't work then buy a new PSU. Go to the EVGA forums and look in the 30 series section. They have a thread going that shows PSUs people are having success with.

https://forums.evga.com/We-need-to-...RTX-3080-or-3090-and-is-WORKING-m3118557.aspx

Just try it out first before you get all crazy. If it doesn't work then buy a new PSU. Go to the EVGA forums and look in the 30 series section. They have a thread going that shows PSUs people are having success with.

https://forums.evga.com/We-need-to-...RTX-3080-or-3090-and-is-WORKING-m3118557.aspx
yeah i know i will try before buying sure. Ok no more questions. :) I will post message tommorow after plugging if all is ok or not:) So tommorow i will close topic. :) Also thank you for interesting of my questions and helping. Thx.

Last edited:
So pc is running with card without restarts and shutdowns. Fine

But...

I have 17500 points in timespy graphic score which is low because on reviews i should be get 20.000+-. Powerplan is to balanced.
WHen i change powerplan to fullperformance i am getting 19.000 points. I have newest nvidia drivers. Any ideas?
Port Royal have 12,500 points

Here are my 3DMark results. Remember - systems vary. With my 9900KS I probably score a tiny bit better in some regard.

I had my setup all default - so maybe I need to change to full performance, myself.

Compare your results to my results and see? You can directly compare graphics results so it is apples to apples. I was just linking to information, but not doing all of the legwork for you. :p

So my scores are too low?
Aren’t you using a 9700k? You’ll score a little lower in 3Dmark than you would with a 9900k or 10900k, which is what most reviewers are using.

Your scores look right on target, to me.

I have 17500 points in timespy graphic score-. Powerplan is to balanced.
WHen i change powerplan to fullperformance i am getting 19.000 points and its fine. I have newest nvidia drivers. Any ideas?
In port royal i have 12.500

My scores are normal with balanced power plan in:
Unigine Superposition 1080P EXTREME ,12154pts<- normal, 3dmark extreme 23,500 gpu <--normal

Only in timespy i have 1000 points gap between balanced vs max performance.
During test cpu dropping random clocks in timespy on balanced. In max performance is steady 4600mhz so thats why i think i have lower score with balanced.
In max performance i have 19000 gpu score +- in time spy.

Games running ok with balanced.
So nothing to worry?

I have 9700K on stock

No, nothing to worry about. Set it to max performance if you need a few extra frames.

No, nothing to worry about. Set it to max performance if you need a few extra frames.
But on games can i keep balanced?:) Also card is so much quieter lol. Quieter much more than my previous Aorus 2080 Ti Waterforce :)

You can do whatever you like! I keep my balanced/default. It still saws frames like crazy. I could change it but I haven't seen a need to do so.

I am happy your 750W is more than enough. I run a 650W with a 2080 and a 5820K on one of my boxes. It's also a high quality PSU. Don't let yourself get caught up with the PSU stuff. There is a lot of misinformation out there because most people just buy 500W, 800W, etc. and do not look at the underlying quality. Hence why companies will state "750W minimum" because they don't know if you bought the $50 750W PSU that will barely keep things together or if you have the 750W Seasonic Titanium PSU that is one of the best out there and probably outperforms many PSUs 100W-250W higher!!!

You can do whatever you like! I keep my balanced/default. It still saws frames like crazy. I could change it but I haven't seen a need to do so.

I am happy your 750W is more than enough. I run a 650W with a 2080 and a 5820K on one of my boxes. It's also a high quality PSU. Don't let yourself get caught up with the PSU stuff. There is a lot of misinformation out there because most people just buy 500W, 800W, etc. and do not look at the underlying quality. Hence why companies will state "750W minimum" because they don't know if you bought the $50 750W PSU that will barely keep things together or if you have the 750W Seasonic Titanium PSU that is one of the best out there and probably outperforms many PSUs 100W-250W higher!!!
I have Seasonic 750-TX Ultra Titanium Prime Plus and its perfect. No shutdowns,restarts with 3090 :)

Back