Palit 980 Jetstream any good?

wyqtor

Limp Gawd
I just found a great deal on the Palit Jetstream 980 in my country - 460 $ + VAT.

Are they any good? I usually stick with some more respectable brands like Asus, MSI, Sapphire, but the good brands are at least 100 $ more expensive and I'm not willing to spend that much money right now.

I'm also considering waiting for the 980 ti and the AMD launch and see if the price/performance is better and if there is any chance for a price reduction for the 980 when that happens. If it's any good, what would you do in my place: go for it now or wait till summer?

I've bought a lot of off-brand GPUs over the years and never really had an issue with any of them. Nvidia and ATI are pretty specific in the requirements to the card makers and quite often the no-name brand cards come off the same line as the big name brands anyway. As long as the cooling solution looks decent, I'd buy one. My current video cards are a pair of Club3D Radeon R9 280x that are both significantly quieter and cooler running than the Sapphire cards they replaced.

As for waiting, it's up to you. If you really feel like you need the card now, buy now. But feel free to hold off if you want, there is always something better right around the corner anyway.

Palit makes good stuff......sort of the European version of Zotac as far as popularity.

Back