Painkiller

Hulk

Supreme [H]ardness
So I go to walmart today to pick up BF2 after playing the demo, but its still selling for $50. So instead I picked up Painkiller Special Edition. This game rocks. It's so much fun shooting everything in sight with the nail gun. This is a pretty good looking game as well. What do you guys think of it? And it was only ten bucks.

I like it too, the sp gets a little repetetive, but it makes you feel like a real badass :D. The multiplayer is fast and intense too.

how do you beat the second boss? The one thats in the swamp?

I shoot at him but nothing does any damage to him.

are you talking about the one wehre your underground like near a fire pit? i havent played in a while so i not sure if thats it
it took me forever to figure it out. Its something to do wtih drawing him onto the platform then shooting at teh ceiling i think to get light in

Hulk said:
how do you beat the second boss? The one thats in the swamp?

I shoot at him but nothing does any damage to him.

I havent played PK in a long time.... but there are bubbles going floating or something, right? And the boss has some sort of protective coating around him? I think you have to burst a bubble when hes near it, and that gets rid of his armor, then you unload all your weapons into him while hes unprotected.

PK was such a great game, but the atmosphere totally changed after the 2nd boss.... it went from like this creepy awesome game, to sort of a bland military thing, but eventually got back to creepiness towards the end.

painkiller was a hoot.very fast and furious.

The swamp guy is weakened if you blow up bubbles near him, the force field will go down then you can let him have it. watch out for his arms! you need to run and gun.

Theres a site,something like painkillerhell that has a lot of explanation on how to play the bosses. some of them are a bitch.

the expansion was cool but VERY buggy. :eek:

What is a better game in terms of graphics, PainKiller or Serious Sam II?

Specs in sig.

TIA

...I dont think theyre comparable, theyre two totally different styles. Serious Sam is a super saturated cartoonly like feel, while Painkiller tries to set up spooky and more serious action environments.

painkiller was cool, the first time I saw the necrogiant, I almost pee'd my pants! Biggest boss I've ever seen.

Painkiller was awesome. I wish it had mutiplayer co-op play, that would make it awesome.

solideliquid said:
What is a better game in terms of graphics, PainKiller or Serious Sam II?

Specs in sig.

TIA
If you like sun and tropics SS2, if you like serious bad guys, PK. PK is darker in a bad ass,OMG here they come,big boss kinda way. PKs graphics are cool. SS2 has HDR tho.

Painkiller was a blast, I enjoyed the original and expansion. Great graphics and old school-style gameplay, mindless fun :D

On paper Painkiller is a terrible game.....a weak version of Quake and Doom but for some reason it's simply a blast to play.

My only gripe about the game is that it is buggy. I've played it on four different computers and it's randomly crashing left and right. I had the same problem with the Demo.

I thought it was a lot of fun. I might have to fire it up when I get home from work tonight.

I'm playing it currently also. I bought the Black DVD Edition and it is 100% stable. I have never had a problem.. Pretty good for a Dreamcatcher Game! :)

Back