Painkiller vs. UT2K4

carblow12

Limp Gawd
Painkiller the demo has better graphics then UNReal Tournament 2004. Now heres the good part. Painkiller Runs better UT2k4 same resolution and everything. 1280x1024. i dunno what the deal is.

unreal tourney 2k4 = vehicles, and CTF and other randomness. painkiller = fairly untested and unknown.

Painkiller is mostly point and shoot with more enemies each time you advance to another level. UT2004 has variety- assault,ctf,onslaught etc. It adds more of a point to the game than run in room, shoot, kill, run to next room, shoot kill, etc...

Two very different games, can't really compare them.

One's more of a single player game, the other is more of a multiplayer frag fest :p.

Cheers,

Mr. Pain

Whaddya mean Painkiller ain't got no vehicles?!...

ride the zombies man ...ride the zombies

The UT2K4 demo does not have the same graphics as the full release. The textures are compressed (If I heard correctly) and the only graphics mode available is Normal. This is so the download wouldn't be huge.

PainKiller also doesn't have the same kind of AI running as UT2k4 does, nor are the levels as big. Well they are, but their not as spanning as UT2k4's are. Their two different games, built from the ground up differently, so you really can't compare them.

i can say that Ut2k4 definetly runs better on my system than painkiller.

ut2k4 seems to also run better than ut2k3 did at high rez. and while painkiller i get major slow down at 1024 +

Originally posted by Icewindius
PainKiller also doesn't have the same kind of AI running as UT2k4 does

But like most FPS's the enemys never get any smarter
just more HP, Aim better, act faster.

What great AI

:rolleyes:

ut2k4 demo is maxed detail on my rig right now...running ultra smooth and is a really fun game with all kinds of modes...painkiller on the other hand is maxed and runs like shit at times by slowing down ALOT and all you do is shoot things with stakes over and over again....my vote goes to ut2k4

UT2K4 has very mature netcode.. Which means it runs fairly well with 16 to 32 players and a modest speed internet connection.

I haven't tried the other game, but I plan on playing a lot of UT2004 when my preorder DVD shows up (I haven't preordered anything in a long time) Remember, the UT2004 demo is running halved quality textures, and probably not a whole lot of DX8 and 9 enhancements yet.

Originally posted by Disco_Stu_04
Painkiller is mostly point and shoot with more enemies each time you advance to another level. UT2004 has variety- assault,ctf,onslaught etc. It adds more of a point to the game than run in room, shoot, kill, run to next room, shoot kill, etc...

First... their both FPS's so both games are "mostly pointing and shooting"...

Second... right now.. the only thing thats out are demos.. demos do not include full content. As for multiplayer, Painkiller has some interesting modes. None which are included in the demo.

So if your comparing a single player demo to a multiplayer demo... I think the multiplayer demo is gonna be more fun for a lot longer period of time.

Both games are a lot different and I think its hard to compair the 2.

Its like comparing a horror movie to a sci-fi movie.... their completely different.

If your gonna compair UT2K4 to something.. compair it to something like Q4 or like Tribes 2 or something.....

I think their both top-notch games... just depends on what mood I'm in to play them.

Back