Painkiller: Special Edition?

Hey guys,

I was at the store today and I saw Painkiller. I've heard good things about it and it was only $10. When I got home I noticed that it said "Special Edition" and in the top corner it says "Contains 12 levels from the original game!". Now I'm thinking WTF, did I only buy half of the game or something. So I go to the website and there is no mention of the special edition and I can't find reviews or anything about the special edition. This is not the black or gold edition. Can anyone tell me what I bought? How many levels are in the 'original'? I'm thinking this is just an updated version of the game, but I dunno. Oh well.

Thanks
-Matt

When Duke Nukem and Wolfenstiend 3d came out they had demos/shareware/bargain versions that contained entire chapters of the game. I've seen alot of freeby/shareware/demo/bargin games etc that only have a few levels. Not really many in recent times though.

They probably wanted to make up a buck and felt 12 levels were worth the $10 or something.

peacetilence said:
They probably wanted to make up a buck and felt 12 levels were worth the $10 or something.

It's not a game where you are gonna play half and be satisfied.
Once I started playing Painkiller, I had to finish it.

12 levels is a mean tease!

ScreamingBroccoli said:
I've never heard of a game that was released with only half of the levels... :mad:

I bought one of those "special editions" of Serious Sam. $10 for about half of the original game. After I realized what I got I felt duped somehow. Bad business IMO.

i took my painkiller special edition right back to compusa and got my refund. i knew something was wrong when there was only one cd and i didnt want half a game. :D

kleptik said:
I bought one of those "special editions" of Serious Sam. $10 for about half of the original game. After I realized what I got I felt duped somehow. Bad business IMO.

That's how I feel, they are advertising it as a full game, and nowhere on the box does it say that is not the full original game... very ghey. I think I'll take it back too.

I am making a homebrew expansion, it is going to be called 'Painkiller : Battle of Rehab!'

Mmmmmmmmm Painkiller - Probably my favorite game. Been playing it nightly for the last couple of weeks, Multiplayer with my brother. Looks awesome on my Dell 2005.

Painkiller was tremendously underrated. It's an awesome game, great weapons, gameplay, graphics, everything. It was also fun to get all the black tarot cards and find all the secrets, of which there were many.

Back