Painkiller - Recurring Evil - Released TODAY - $7.99$

I don't like what the Painkiller developers are doing with their IP. By the time they are ready to release a 'major' refresh, we will all be like... Painkiller, again? So which one is it?

Painkiller is great but they are overdoing it. Milk the cow until it dies. They do have to remember that once the cow is dead, there ain't a way to bring it back. They are doing just that in my eyes.

I don't think the original devs have anything to do with this. People Can Fly was eaten by Epic and they made the pc port of gears of war and bulletstorm. I'm not sure if they are even control of the IP anymore.

ya, these count somewhat like fan made mods. Not PCF anymore. Even PCF is not PCF any more. The main PK devs are gone. I was was hoping to see some of the old style PCF inspiration in Bulletstorm but was extremely disappointed.

$7.99 for what is essentially an 8 year old game? Ehh...

PK was fun back in the day, though, in a Serious Sam kinda way.

I'm still working on going through the collection from when it went on sale over the x-mas holiday.After beating Black and moving on to the second one i'm kinda bored. Is there a reason for me to strive to finish this one and move to the last two? At least the last two prior to this new release.

There are no options for resolution or anything! You can set controls and audio and thats it! It seems to be stuck around the 1200 res :mad::(

c:\Steam\SteamApps\common\painkiller recurring evil\Data\Lscripts\Hud\Menu\Options\OptionsMenu.lua

edit with notepad and delete the --[[ ]]-- characters that wrap the video options section

do not delete the commas or anything else, just those specific characters.
The same details are available in the steam painkiller forums

Even Eggtooth didn't do this one (thank God). Steam shows the devs on this but I forget offhand who they were.

Back