Pai Gets Thumb in Eye by Pierce

FrgMstr

Just Plain Mean
Staff member
KTUU is reporting that the woman picked by FCC Chairman Ajit Pai, was arrested last week on fraud charges. Elizabeth Peirce, former CEO of Quintillion, allegedly duped two New York investment companies into putting up $250M to invest into Quintillion, based on contracts she had forged. Sit down, have a big cup of coffee, and think about that for a moment.

Elizabeth Pierce, former CEO of Quintillion, has been arrested on April 12, 2018 for fraud charges. In that scheme, former CEO Elizabeth Pierce, 54, is accused of defrauding two investment companies over the course of two years, tricking them out of hundreds of millions of dollars. The scheme allegedly started with Pierce lying to investors and forging signatures, and eventually unraveled when people looked harder at some of the invoices. After they finished their investigation, federal authorities arrested Pierce Thursday morning in New York.

Make some shit up..............win a check for 250M.............

Now who is dumber.........the woman who got caught, or the "investment firms" who wrote the checks before checking the facts..............

There is no excuse for being stupid.

Not only were they fake, but Pierce allegedly forged the signatures herself.

Broadband Deployment Advisory Committee ..... Elizabeth Pierce, Chief Executive Officer of Quintillion Subsea Operations, LLC, and Quintillion Networks, LLC (Quintillion), to serve as Chair of the BDAC

well.. seems to me she is fully qualified to create and head any broadband deployment strategy, at least on paper.. which is about the same as most actual broadband companies.. paper deployments to rake in tax cuts.. etc

Reactions: PaulP
like this
Make some shit up..............win a check for 250M.............

Now who is dumber.........the woman who got caught, or the "investment firms" who wrote the checks before checking the facts..............

There is no excuse for being stupid.
It's true the companies did not perform due diligence prior to giving her they money. However, she commited fraud, was caught and it still is a crime.

Reactions: PaulP
like this
So she fooled a lot of people. Bad on her. But unless her fraud was very obvious, it's hard to blame the people that were fooled. Let's face it, we've all been conned at some point or another.

So she fooled a lot of people. Bad on her. But unless her fraud was very obvious, it's hard to blame the people that were fooled. Let's face it, we've all been conned at some point or another.

250M ain't nothin to shrug your shoulders at.
That money belongs to a bunch of people like me and you who invest monies and can only trust that the people investing it do their work.

These guys got played and should be culpable as well to some extent, just like the woman running the scam.

let me know when ajit pai gets brought up on charges like that or fired

250M ain't nothin to shrug your shoulders at.
That money belongs to a bunch of people like me and you who invest monies and can only trust that the people investing it do their work.

These guys got played and should be culpable as well to some extent, just like the woman running the scam.
I'm not dismissing what she did at all. What I'm saying is that she is obviously good at fooling people, so the insinuation that Pai is either corrupt or and idiot based on this situation is patently unfair. As to the fund managers, yes they had a fiduciary responsibility to protect their client's money. We don't know at this point if they breached that responsibility or not; that is still to be determined. There are legal standards for these types of things, but the bottom line is nobody can be expected to detect and prevent fraud/theft 100% of the time. We will have to see how this plays out. Keep in mind that we don't have all the facts at the moment.

And most Americans voted these people in. It stands to reason that they will bring all their friends to the trough...

All you can eat, get it while it lasts!

Politicians (of every stripe) and cronyism go hand-in-hand. Let's not make this a partisan issue.

well.. seems to me she is fully qualified to create and head any broadband deployment strategy, at least on paper.. which is about the same as most actual broadband companies.. paper deployments to rake in tax cuts.. etc
and we know for sure now that she has experience in the field of ripping people off, lying and running fraudulent activities so she for sure has the governmental experience too!

Back