P8Z77-V Keyboard and Mouse not detecting

Nielo TM

Gawd
Received my Z77 mobo few hours ago but after few restarts I've noticed the keyboard and mouse failed to respond at times (simultaneously and separately)

I have updated the UEFI to the latest release and running Win8 Pro. Also the keyboard and mouse are plugged into the USB 2.0 ports

Last edited:
What model of keyboard and mouse (include revision numbers) and also are you at stock speeds on the CPU and memory (DDR3-1600 or below)?

Also where are they failing to respond, during BOOT, the OS or both?

-Raja

Last edited:
Mouse: MS SideWinder OEM SINGLE MOUSE (there's no model or rev no on the mouse itself). http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16826105093

Keyboard: Dell SK-8135 (Rev. A01)

CPU is set to stock fq and memory is running @ 1600MHz (XMP profile)

It first occurred during Windows 8 installation process (reinstalled windows 7-8 times and only occurred once). Then twice in windows (during login). I've disabled quick boot and so far no problems. Maybe that's the culprit since it forgoes USB initialization

Last edited:
I see. I will get this off to HQ and see what they say.

-Raja

Hi Nielo,

Under the FAST-BOOT menu can you set "USB Full Initial" to "Full initial" instead of "Partial Initial". See if that sorts it.

-Raja

Update: I went into the UEFI cos I needed to disable the on-board audio and it failed to detect the mouse. Had to restart to for it to detect. So I guess the problem isn't confined to Windows.

Update: I went into the UEFI cos I needed to disable the on-board audio and it failed to detect the mouse. Had to restart to for it to detect. So I guess the problem isn't confined to Windows.

Have you set USB Full Initial to "Full Initial"? Your last message on this was a bit ambiguous when you said "disabled".

I've disabled quick boot. USB Initialization Options are only available when Quick Boot is enabled.

I see, I will report this back to HQ and see if they can get the mouse to replicate.

-Raja

EDIT: HQ found one of these mice in our warehouse. Tested UEFI build 1709, no issues so far...

Last edited:
Funny enough I had similar problem 8 years ago. I forgot the motherboard model number but it wouldn't detect the Microsoft Intellimouse (it was an ASUS board designed for AMD Athlon XP). Managed to solve it by switching to Logitech.

I suppose I can live with the extra boot time.

Back