P8Z77-V Deluxe VT-x question

fray

n00b
Hi,

Someone can please tell me if the ASUS P8Z77-V Deluxe support VT-x and this can enabled in the bios?
(In combination with Intel Core i7 3770K processor)

Why I’m asking this, because I’m have read that there some problems with VT-D, but I only want VT-x.

Hi,

Someone can please tell me if the ASUS P8Z77-V Deluxe support VT-x and this can enabled in the bios?
(In combination with Intel Core i7 3770K processor)

Why I’m asking this, because I’m have read that there some problems with VT-D, but I only want VT-x.

In the case of VT-x (as opposed to VT-d), every LGA1155 chipset (as was the case with LGA1366 and LGA775 before it) support VT-x out of the box *as long as the CPU does*; fortunately, Intel CPU support for VT-x became across-the-lineup ubiquitous with Wolfdale and the Celeron DC E3xxx.

My point is that it can enabled from the bios, I see that you have the P8Z77-V I think that it have the same bios as the ASUS P8Z77-V Deluxe have you try to enabled it and it works?

This is the latest point I want to know before I buy this motherboard.

Thanks.

My point is that it can enabled from the bios, I see that you have the P8Z77-V I think that it have the same bios as the ASUS P8Z77-V Deluxe have you try to enabled it and it works?

This is the latest point I want to know before I buy this motherboard.

Thanks.

Actually, you mean (in some cases) *disabled* from the BIOS - however, I know of no Intel chipset since G41 that allowed that outside of specific OEM implementations.

Oke,

Thanks you helped me:)

The conclusion is that it can be switched on and off.

That was the last point I want to know before buy this.

A lot people I asked can't answer this question , I don't no why it is so hard, it's a simple question yes or no.

VT-x is supported on all of our current chipsets. VT-d is the one that you have a hard time finding in both processors and the boards that support it.

Back