P8Z68 DELUXE USB 3.0 fail

Kato1144

Limp Gawd
was using my old 2600K PC with the P8Z68 Deluxe board for some light duty work and just had all the USB 3.0 ports stop working, looking in device manger i get this:
This device cannot start. (Code 10)

{Operation Failed}
The requested operation was unsuccessful

and this just happened while i was using the computer to watch some video, i only have the 2 ports on the back and the case has no support for front facing USB 3.0 so that is the only ports i had just stop working, on top of that I noticed that one of my sound devices also is not working, tired identifying it but came up short as every sound port on my PC including front panel works with some quarkyness (If i plug in to the front headset jack I lose the read speakers until I unplug it, and it is setup for HD Audio so it should not do that)

So ya having some issues all of a sudden with this board that has been rock solid since i got in way back in 2011 and was wondering if there is any more i can do to figure this out, there is no drivers for the USB besides what windows pumps out so I cant try a older driver and the info from device manger is not to helpful so is there any other steps i can take after this or am I just stuck with out USB 3.0 on the computer now (it's not to critical just will be a massive pain in the ass to copy files on and off this machine now being stuck at USB 2.0 speeds...)

Anyway if anything I'm more concerned this is the beginning of the end for this board, it should still have plenty of life but i never had a onboard device just fail like this and I'm not sure if i should be worried this board is not happy and going to have more issues or is this the extent of the problem and all i lost was 2 USB ports so if anyone has had similar experiences with this happening pls let me know

USB crap.PNG

EDIT BTW I had the USB 3.0 ports plug in to a 3.0 USB hub that was powerd, im using the same one on my main rig with no issue plug in to the 3.0 Ports on that PC but just thought i was add that

Last edited:
Back