P8P67 + Samsung F3 = FREEZE

G_Sup

Limp Gawd
Hey guys, I have been running rock solid since I built this PC a couple of weeks ago. Yesterday my 2 Samsung F3 1TB drives arrived. I built a RAID1 array since I am using these for storage only as I'm running 2 C300's in RAID0 for the OS. Currently I have them in the intel 3gb SATA ports 5 and 6, although I have tried the other SATA ports as well. Problem is, I'll be surfing the web and then I get a freeze. Only solution is a hard reset.

I have tried just about everything, even uninstalled the Intel 10.1's. It seems to be getting worse as well. I just now went into BIOS and loaded the Default settings thinking it may have something to do with my OC, but it just seems too much a coincidence that this just started happening after I installed the drives!

Any help would be appreciated!

Last edited:
My configuration is nearly identical to yours, except I have 1 c300 and 2 F3s, with no RAID arrays, and I have no issues. Did you try disabling the RAID on the 2 F3s?

No, as my intention was to RAID them. I just installed the new 10.1's and I'll see where that get's me.

OK, went into Win7 power management, made a profile and selected Hard Drive sleep=Never. So far so good.

That's too bad. Hopefully ASUS will do the right thing and replace my board when the time comes.

Back