P6T Non deluxe - any thoughts

I ordered this board for my new I 7 build because it had both SLI and crossfire, and the cooling mounting holes make it so I at least dont have to buy a new waterblock or retention setup for it. I was wondering if anyone has overclocked this board on here and has some feedback on this board?

I bought the same mobo.

I'll be assembling tomorrow, so I'll be able to post impressions

Umm not sure what you mean about the cooling mounts. You know the 1366 and 775 won't take the same heatsinks?

I guess if you are using liquid cooling then you have room. I have the P6T Deluxe and didn't realize they changed the config of the P6T motherboard.

Good luck with it let us know what kind of overclock you get out of it.

its just a couple of extra holes around the cpu socket. it most likely could of been modded into other boards because there is not any circuitry in those locations, but i'm not that brave to do that to a brand new 250 dollar mainboard. the only other board that I know has that option is the bloodrage from foxconn. I like the asus slot setup alot better and I loved my ASUS boards and really dont like my DFI. I'll be posting all my 775 stuff in for sale/for trade forum after my I7 beast is running.

I'm at 3.8Ghz (181 x 21) 1.29v, so far 1 hour of prime. i'm hitting 75C. My room right now is about 33C at 1:45am, this is ridiculously hot.

damn i completely forgot to buy a wifi card for the mobo, since it doesn't have an integrated one like my previous p5k premium =/

I'll post screenshots tomorrow night when i have the pc online

I'm at 3.8Ghz (181 x 21) 1.29v, so far 1 hour of prime. i'm hitting 75C. My room right now is about 33C at 1:45am, this is ridiculously hot.

damn i completely forgot to buy a wifi card for the mobo, since it doesn't have an integrated one like my previous p5k premium =/

I'll post screenshots tomorrow night when i have the pc online

Where do you live mate, i want those temps in Europe at this time of year.

Back