P67A-GD65(B3), Should I update the bios?

Kurak

Limp Gawd
Hey guys,

Just installed this board. Looks like bios version 1.D is available, I have 1.B. Are there any significant performance gains that MSI doesnt list on their site?

Thanks!

There is no good reason to not update the bios when you first buy a motherboard. Its not like you have to worry about it messing your overclock.

updating on this board is easy as pie, just put the new bios on to a flash drive/thumb and update the bios through the bios.

true, if everything is fine or is fine as far as you can tell no need to update.

However, for me Ive been having issues with a sata controller (some times the bios sees the two of my (1 hard drive and 1 optical) devices sometimes it doesnt). The update did not fix the issue yet. I have yet to read about some one having a similar issue.

Of course not many people have 2 optical drives, and 4 hard drives for a total of 6 SATA devices in a computer.

true, if everything is fine or is fine as far as you can tell no need to update.

Thats not true. A lot of the time the full change log is never posted for obvious reasons. Updating your bios is never a bad idea. If you already have a stable overclock it can be a pita but its still not a bad idea.

Back