P5W DH Deluxe SATA Configuration Help

RipperMac

Limp Gawd
I'm using RAID 0 on ICHR7 SATA 1 and 3 but am also running another SATA HDD on SATA 4...I just recently obtained a Lite On SATA DVD burner and I'm not sure where to plug into for the best performance..right now I have it on the JMicron but the performance sucks...I have tried it on the ASUS EZ RAID SATA connectors but the drive is not seen...I am at a loss and would appreciate any help..thanks
Rip

kirbyrj

Fully [H]
I'd move one of the SATA drives and put the DVD drive on the ICH and see if it works.

RipperMac

Limp Gawd
I need SATA 1 and 3 for the RAID and I sure wouldn't want the performance hit on the other drive on SATA 4 if I move it to the JMicron...its taking me over 40minutes to burn a dvd with this drive..I'm sure the perfomance would improve if I moved it to the ICH but the 3 other SATA ports on the board they must be good for something other than RAID (I hope :rolleyes: )

RipperMac

Limp Gawd
problem fixed...switched RAID_Sel jumpers to 1-2 and 5-6 attached cable to EZ RAID 1 booted up and problem fixed...got some help from the Asus forum...hope this info helps someone else