P5LD2-VM Users Need Help - ATI X1900 AIW not working with Motherboard

cbecknet

Limp Gawd
I have a ATI Radeon X1900 All-In-Wonder that has no video. The Card Works on other Motherboards and I even tried another P5LD2-VM but both ASUS boards will not show video.

What I have Done:

1. Tried 2 diffrent Brand New P5LD2-VM Motherboards with the bios set to PCI-E/PCI and interal VGA disabled. All the Video Card does is run the fan at full speed and automaticaly switch to internal VGA.

2. I replaced the motherboard with an ECS motherboard and the ATI card works perfect. It runs the fan at full speed untill the Bios recgonizes it then brings the fan speed down and the video works.

What do I need to do in the bios to get it to recgonize the Video Card.

Is it possible for a motherboard to not be compatible with a video card.

Has bios 508 which is the latest but I also tried 406 which was the previous, it makes no diffrence.

Hm...I had a 6800GS once that didnt work in my DFI ultra-D board, but worked in everything else. Its a weird incompatability, no idea why. Can you try it in a different mobo? a different card in that board? try emailing ASUS? try different CPU? RAM? different PSU? could be anything really.

I treied the video card in another manafacutures mobo and it worked. The power supply is fine, its a Neo HE 550 and has had no problem running the system with interal video.

The NEOHE has been known to cause problems on asus boards, trya new psu.

All try a new psu, thats what ASUS tech. support recomended. They said something about it not supporting 1 Amp. on the 5V line. Was this fixed with the A3 revision.

Back