P5B Deluxe Wi-Fi need compatable RAM

So, I have my new Conroe rig sitting in front of me and it wont POST... why you ask?
because on the advice of a member of this forum I purchased OCZ gold XTC PC6400 ram, he said that he had my Mobo and that RAM and that they were compatible, so I bought them; They are not. They will not post and this is appearently a widely known issue, even I know now :(

So I want to know what RAM that is not on the QVL works? anyone with this board can you please list the ram you used to get it to POST the first time or everytime.

Thank you

Try both sticks one at a time and see if you POST. I couldn't with 2 in, but with 1 of them I was able to get into the BIOS and change the ram voltage to 2.1

tried. which slot did you use, A1, A2, B1 or B2? did you clear the CMOS between each try?

and what did your computer do when you turned it on and it wouldn't post? Mine came on with the blue ASUS LED and the fans would come on, spinning slowly.... I just want to make sure my RAM is the only issue. Thanks

Patriot at Newegg. I could not get the Corsair ram working on this board. The Patriot sticks work great right out of the box. I've read that people are getting 800MHZ+ with these sticks.

Back