P35 and X38-based Shuttles coming real soon

god dammit, theres to many things that i wanna buy now!
but those look sick! i like the cooling on the mobo. its good to see shuttle do that.

I've been watching this system and I'm just waiting for a little more information.

I'd be really inclined to get this if you can drop in a NVidia 880GTX/Ultra and OC a quad core without having to worry about the heat and the 400W PS from crapping out.

Any idea when the system is supposed to launch?

SP35P2 Pro should be shipping by the end of the month. I like that the fanless heatpipe northbridge cooling that's been appearing on all the desktop P35 boards has arrived in SFF land now, too.

Thinking about pairing up a Reserator XT w/ this thing.

Ordered my SP35P2 Pro for $415 + ship yesterday. I'd post a link, but since I've never dealt with the company before, I think I'll wait until I get a shipment notification. Even then, who knows what's actually in the box. :)

I did find a few other places with it in stock for like $575-$600, each place only had a couple. Gotta love the early adopter price gouging.

I've been watching this system and I'm just waiting for a little more information.

I'd be really inclined to get this if you can drop in a NVidia 880GTX/Ultra and OC a quad core without having to worry about the heat and the 400W PS from crapping out.

Any idea when the system is supposed to launch?

One thing you'll learn sooner or later... Shuttle Power Supplies NEVER fail to impress, I ran a EVGA 7900GTX in my SN25P with never a problem and I can show you a Forum FULL of shuttle users that will tell you the same thing. Now, if your gonna run an 2900XT or 8800 Ultra AND try to OC a cpu, I'd worry a little and maybe grap a suplimental PS for the vid card. Ask Dworley, he ran an 8800 in a 300watt G5 chasis, I'm sure he'd have an opinion on this.

Blast, got the email I was expecting, but didn't want to see. "We're sorry, even though our page showed the item in stock, it wasn't actually in stock."

Oh well, at least I got some good information out of the deal. They expect to have them in stock on Sept 25th.

spectacular! I hope the overclocking features are up to snuff on either model. My current system is hardly slow, but I would love to crank up a Core 2.

One thing you'll learn sooner or later... Shuttle Power Supplies NEVER fail to impress, I ran a EVGA 7900GTX in my SN25P with never a problem and I can show you a Forum FULL of shuttle users that will tell you the same thing. Now, if your gonna run an 2900XT or 8800 Ultra AND try to OC a cpu, I'd worry a little and maybe grap a suplimental PS for the vid card. Ask Dworley, he ran an 8800 in a 300watt G5 chasis, I'm sure he'd have an opinion on this.

Good to know. I guess I'm either once bitten, twice shy (I had the PS on an old shuttle fail twice) or I subscribe too much to notion of a 600W PS is minimum for quad core / 8800 GTX.

I can't wait to get this box...I'm just trying to decide if I can wait until November when hopefully the processor / 8800 GTX / RAM prices should be a bit lower.

I'm more and more impressed whenever I've come into contact with Shuttles.. giving serious thought to looking into them when I next upgrade (which hopefully won't be for a while!)

If that SP35P2 comes out as strong as we hope, I might have to sell my SG03 and Gigabyte G33. Nothing better than having a shoe box on your desk, taking up no space, and pwning your buddies monster full ATX back breaking tower :D

Has anyone purchased one of these yet? I'm anxious to know if they can support the 8800GTX line of cards. Shuttle's website hasn't been updated yet to include that level of information.

I'm sticking with my modified Shuttle SD32G2 to run my 8800GTX ;)

I have an internal Thermaltake Power Express PSU in the optical bay providing the second PCI-E connection and neither PSU ever runs hot. My CPU is an E4400 Oc'd to 3.0ghz and I also have an X-Fi Fatality installed.

SD32_BEER.jpg

I ordered mine from ZZF on 10/04, and I certainly hope they were actually in stock! I have all the other parts waiting to be installed as soon as it arrives.

It says its back ordered. I thought these barebones came with a psu? I didnt see one listed in the specs. Curious what size Shuttle is using this model.

It says its back ordered. I thought these barebones came with a psu? I didnt see one listed in the specs. Curious what size Shuttle is using this model.

It's some new 400W model. They call it an 80plus model, as in 80%+ efficiency. I ordered from ZZF yesterday while it was still in stock, but my order hasn't changed from processing. My guess is I got in too late.

I ordered a SP35P2 from ZZF on 10/04 but it seems I was too late (assuming there were any to be had in the first place). According to Costumer Service, they should have more by the beginning of November. I would be curious to hear if anyone was able to get one.

wonder when reviews of these babes are gonna pop up. and would be nice to see the new case design for their x38 deluxe ed; is it gonna be another bling bling kind of deluxe or something more discreet and sleek.

how come I cant see the x38 version anywhere, I thought they got released at the same time`?

Shuttle lags behind everyone else, give it a month or so. The SP35 was at least that far behind the P35 release (I think more actually).

yea, well I just hope they will release it next month, waiting to see the new ati cards anyway. With ddr2 being cheap and new cards coming out next month, it seems like the perfect time to buy a new comp:cool:

Is it worth buying the components now (or at least ordering the 8800GT which seems to be on backorder everywhere) now for a new rig or just wait until the SX38P2 Pro comes out and hopefully get a cheaper price across the board?

I wouldnt do it. but thats just me. ATI's new card is also out soon.
the SX38P2 is still almost 2 months away, so hold on atleast until you know the exact shipdate of SX38P2

Back