P180 Watercooling Compliation

winston856

[H]ard|Gawd
I realize I spelled Compilation wrong in the title :p

A couple of people were asking in my other p180 thread for some links to watercooled p180s. After going out and searching I've managed to come up with a small list, I will look for some more and update the list with my findings.

So I've just ordered a black P180 case that's going to be watercooled with a Swiftech Apex kit. I've read a bunch of discussions and worklogs and I'm looking forward too this because I think it's the perfect case for the job. The already excellent air cooling makes it prime watercooling. It's comes with three 120mm fans with 3 speeds (5v, 7v, 12v) so they can be turned down low for ultimate silence.

People say that watercooling the P180 is a challenge, but from the pictures I've seen it looks pretty darn easy. That statement is also realative to the type of watercooling setup you have of course. However for the Swiftech Apex users, it seems that the case is set up for us already.

In the upper drive bay area, there are three holes that line up perfectly with the holes in the apex ultras reservoir. The pump can go where the upper HDD cage is, and the radiator bolts directly onto the back. All you have to do is drill two holes in the back for the rad and run the tubing.

p180 swiftech apex (what I'm doing)

p180

p180

p180

p180 watercooling project

p180 watercooling project

p180 watercooling discussion

p180 watercooled

p180 watercooled/discussion

p180 watercooled worklog

p180 watercooled worklog

p180 watecooling discussion

p180 watercooling musings

Unofficial P180 watercooling thread at ocforums

Enjoy.

P.S. I know this is somewhat centered around the swiftech apex system, but it's what I'm using... Besides, beggars can't be choosers
:p

edit-- updated the list

Edit#2 updated list

The P180 was absolute cake to water cool. Here's mine. I've since added the things in my sig. I will update the pictures when I get home from work in the morning but here's a teaser. There are a few people who have WC'd them on these forums. Hell, if I can cram all of my crap into a P180 and have it all be internal I don't see what everyone else is bitching about.

P.S. Do yourself a favor and snake the fan switces into the sides of the floppy drive bay....they fit like a glove ;)

48366.jpg

48367.jpg

48368.jpg

48369.jpg

48370.jpg

nice work there man, very nice indeed. its very goood for a pa160 and about hte only non doble/triple rad thats worht puttin in. but what about when you need a pa triple like myself? :(

el rolio said:
nice work there man, very nice indeed. its very goood for a pa160 and about hte only non doble/triple rad thats worht puttin in. but what about when you need a pa triple like myself? :(

Check out some of my links man, that's what they're for.

One guy has a triple 120 rad mounted upside down on the back of his P180

Here's the new motherboard/CPU along with the MCW30 chipset block from Swiftech. I also lengthened the hoses up to the radiator so I'd have more room to pull it and and bleed the system. The blue Pentosin looks so much better than the green MCT-5. Unfortunately my camera ran out of batteries after my first pic. I just need to find a good UV dye to really bring out the blue. I used Aquacomputer's dye but it's not showing up very well.

Take a look at the hoses, you can tell what is new and what is old. That's a perfect reason to use distilled water rather than MCT-5.

86231.jpg

Just thought I would chime in here with my PA160 in P180. If what you are after in watercooling is silence there is no greater combo to date then this...

watercooling001.jpg

watercooling002.jpg

watercooling003.jpg

watercooling004.jpg

watercooling005.jpg

Very nice setup Erasmus, How exactly did you install the cap for your T-line? What materials did you use etc...

winston856 said:
Very nice setup Erasmus, How exactly did you install the cap for your T-line? What materials did you use etc...

A 12$ Fillport from DangerDen + whatever size holesaw it took to cut the hole. The Fillport fits in the hole and has a little lexan nut to screw it tight on the top of the case.

Amazing setups and nice work on the compilation...

Torn between a PA160 in a P180 or a PA120.3 in something bigger....

Performance <---> Silence ........................... tough call!

I have a 180 and need to watercool
I like the setup of takeabao simply because he is using
the 120 top for the radiator...
Can you purchase a small (good) copper radiator that will fit there?

takeabao you have a T and a reservoir?

I have only installed one setup and it was a swiftek kit with the radbox
and was not impressed with it. I liked the radiator on the outside but did not
like their cpu block....I had to mount the nipples with no instructions and I had
no idea how tight or if I needed anything else...it was all guesswork.....

right now I need to cool a E6600 and an X1800XT....what blocks with ease of install

some say don't cool the northbridge...they had TOOOO much flow restriction but on the
new intel preshot northbridges..LOL sorry could not resist that one....they are the hottest thing in the system...can this be cooled and not mess up everything else

thanks for info

sparks

winston856 said:
P.S. I know this is somewhat centered around the swiftech apex system, but it's what I'm using... Besides, beggars can't be choosers
:p

you know, thats what i thought for a while. then all i realized all you have to do is spend the money, which you would normally use to feed yourself, on your computer. You might have to eat Kraft Dinner for a few months. but after all of it youll have a shiny new expensive PC. which will depreciate in value, while you waste away from all the KD you've eatin, while playing sims 2.

thats my plan.. Woohoo 8800GTS liquid cooled 4 me!

you know, thats what i thought for a while. then all i realized all you have to do is spend the money, which you would normally use to feed yourself, on your computer. You might have to eat Kraft Dinner for a few months. but after all of it youll have a shiny new expensive PC. which will depreciate in value, while you waste away from all the KD you've eatin, while playing sims 2.

thats my plan.. Woohoo 8800GTS liquid cooled 4 me!

So how'd that workout for you ;)

Just thought I'd get this back up there, almost all the links still work.

Bump for newbies! :)

Swiftech 220 radiator, cpu block, resorvoir, and pump, all inside P180 cas, and modded teh case to have better cable management

h2o_04.jpg

Back