p180 users check in, I have a question!

Yashu

[H]ard|Gawd
alright, do you guys have to be very careful when taking off the side panel or you might break off one of the plastic hooks? (particularly the bottom ones)

I have broken 2 of them and had to employ some adhesive to reattach. luckily, the adhesive is just as strong as the original plastic. (or unluckily, hehe).

I swapped the panels from left to right now so as not to stress the broken ones.

I heard antec is really good about sending replacement parts and I might replace some things soon...

just ask for a replacement on their customer service page...i got my side panel replaced because it was mega warped, and then i also broke one of the tabs off

thanks for the heads up.. i havent broken any of mine yet. ill be sure to use a little more care in the future.

this happen to me on both and a warp door. I got a RMA and they only ask for copy of receipt/invoice. Quick email response but very very slow shippping by ups, been waiting more than 2 weeks but its comming tomorrow.

My P180 is a wreck...warped panels and yeah, those broken tabs. Going to see if I still have that reciept from Black Friday and get some RMA parts. (My front door is dead too). Is there a timeframe from date of purchase?

Yeah, I regret the P180 to be honest. Most, if not all of my panels are warped.
I sent out an RMA which took a few weeks to process and by the time they did, I moved. I sent them a notification but they shipped it to the old address instead so it's jsut going to be bounced back. Ugh. No clue what I should do at this point.

they just didnt think this design all the way through, i find it hard to believe they neglected to see what these different materials do at different temps.

Jason711 said:
they just didnt think this design all the way through, i find it hard to believe they neglected to see what these different materials do at different temps.
QFT. A few days after getting one of the units (I got two), the front and side panels both warped.

I followed the posted front panel warp fix instructions... and haven't had a problem there, and only one of the side panels has the metallic part slightly warping...

I never kept the reciept though... I wonder what else they would need...

When I got mine, the side panel was warped and all I did was send a report to Antec and told them what was going on and all they did was ask for my address (no receipt or RMA request) and sent me a new one.

My front door is a bit warped, but my side panels are fine. Overall, its been a great case aside from that front door issue. Perhaps I'll be requesting that RMA to have the door fixed :)

I just got my p180 last week. Thanks for the heads up. I havent had any problems yet (wood knockin).

Yashu said:
I followed the posted front panel warp fix instructions... and haven't had a problem there, and only one of the side panels has the metallic part slightly warping...

I never kept the reciept though... I wonder what else they would need...
where can one find these instructions at?

I think that they would prove quite useful for people on these forums, as alot of people have been having problems with the front panel warping...

draconius said:
where can one find these instructions at?

I think that they would prove quite useful for people on these forums, as alot of people have been having problems with the front panel warping...

The instructions are only for when the metal comes off of the plastic. It doesn't solve the warping at different temperatures (which is normally the issue).

Antec has done a redesign of the front door where it is made only of aluminum now, so it doesn't have the warping problems. If it really bothers you I think you can ask for them to send you the new panel.

Oh yea, and if you search the antec site I think you can find the instructions.

how do i take the plastic thingy at the bottom chamber off with the fan? its so tough and tight down there

yujie said:
how do i take the plastic thingy at the bottom chamber off with the fan? its so tough and tight down there

It slides out, make sure you apply pressure to the fan though, and not to the handle. I broke the handle that way and had to have Antec send me a new one.

hope the OP doesnt mind me asking a quick question..

Im selling my Wavemaster cos its getting too cramped in there...I have an old Chieftec (http://www.chieftec.com/products/Workcolor/BX03.htm) and was actually intending on getting the P180 to replace my Wavemaster....

Would it better to spend about half the cost of the P180 and use the Chieftec (mod out all the 80mm's to 120mm's and add 1 more 120 on top + purchase of 120mm fans) or just get the P180 ?

Id like to keep it quiet as possible, but some noise wont really bother me...My priority is more keep the case cool and then only keeping db levels down...

TIA

I would go with the P180 -- it keeps everything very cool, very quiet, and is very easy to setup and install.

well the p180 sure looks nice... and it is quiet... I guess you just have to be careful with it.

on another note, I broke that fan handle thing on the bottom too... heh... I used some zip ties to secure it in place... I think I will ask antec for a replacement.

Hopefully after all the grief everyone gives antec about replacement parts they will rethink this case and make some improvements

Back